There was other bottles of Rustoleum that had Enamel printed on them but they were a very limited selection of colors. These Painter's Touch ones come in a lot of colors, but it doesn't say anywhere (as far as I can tell) which one it is? Anyone able to tell?

http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=97&sid=1927830
http://www.rustoleum.com/cbgimages/documents/PT_12oz_GlossBlack.pdf

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
According to the MSDS sheet, it has alkyd resin in it, which would make it an enamel.
Quote by Thomme
I would have liked it more if the leprichaun didn't look like it was trying to take a massive dump on the rainbow. But, kuddos, man.
Quote by RLucas
According to the MSDS sheet, it has alkyd resin in it, which would make it an enamel.
That's what I thought, too, when I used them as an experiment. So many awesome colors, I had to try. They turned out quite very nicely but I couldn't do a quick 2-day turnaround on them.

I had to wait more than 2 days just to wetsand a layer while doing the multi-color, multi-layer designs. It took more than 2 weeks to get the job done right.

If you're going for a factory-glossy finish, you need to try the MinWax Polycrylic water-based Clearcoat. It works with that spraycan you linked.

After buffing and polishing with 3M Finesse It II / Perfect It II ... awesome!

I picked up the Clear Gloss in the same can, that will be fine won't it?

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109
I picked up the Clear Gloss in the same can, that will be fine won't it?
it will work, but you must wait MUCH longer between coats and sanding.

The good thing about acrylic enamel:
there is less need for sanding between coats.
it will dry to a smoother surface than lacquer

The bad thing about acrylic enamel:
it takes way longer to dry
and you need to be more careful about dust
or it will get embedded in the paint as it dries
and it's more toxic than lacquer, so ventilation / respirator is a good idea
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

and it's more toxic than lacquer, so ventilation / respirator is a good idea

This is what I have never really understood about coatings and hazmats in general? I have been in the automotive refinish industry for 20+ years, and never have understood why the EPA decided to jump on the laquer bandwagon as being more hazardous? There are more solvents in enemals than laquers, which would obviously make them more dangerous. Go figure?

TS. Sorry to jack the thread, but listen to SomeoneYouKNew. He knows what he is talking about!
Quote by Thomme
I would have liked it more if the leprichaun didn't look like it was trying to take a massive dump on the rainbow. But, kuddos, man.