I keep trying but I just can't play well for family/strangers. I can only play well for good friends and for myself. I don't shake but my movements get slower. I also completely f up. I can't stand this sh*t any more... it is too frustrating and embarressing. If my parents don't really that I've gotten really good, they will probably sell my stuff on ebay or something.

I've tried mental conditioning to no avail. Any other tips on how to get over this stupid hangup??
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Practice in front of cardboard cut outs of your family members.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Feb 25, 2009,
Tell your parents to stop reallying... Whatever that is... Or put them in a home
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
They aren't your real family really really really. I'm just going to really really.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Spontaniously sing "kickapoo" in the middle of dinner. It will come naturally lad.

*raises monicle*
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
haha, but really. A few minutes ago I tried to play "Won't Get Fooled Again" for them. I can play the whole thing including the solos. I fuc*kd up and couldn't even play the fricken chords!!!!!!!
keep it [the bat] in a cage, and right before your next gig starts, and your on stage and everything, bite its head off. AMD MUNCH DEM TINGS DER DOWN!!
Picture them in their underwear.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
just always play in front of them, play in the living room, wherever. The pressure'll disappear quite quickly. they're your family, you know them.

edit:
Quote by Kensai

sometimes I hate you Kjell. *shudder*
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by Kensai

Or even better, take pictures of them in their underware and PM them to every single member of every internet forum you can find
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
get drunk
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
- Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P)

"Nobody dies a virgin... Life fucks us all."
- Kurt Donald Cobain (R.I.P)
I just can't play for family. What I do is just play and ignore them.

As for you, bring you're friends over and play for them and you're family at the same time. That should work.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Just remember you hear them having sex all the time, and they want you to hear, trust me, they told me, so playing a little song shouldn't be so nerve racking in comparison.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by Randomnossity
Practice in your bedroom with the door open so they can hear you.

This is a good idea. I started doing this a while ago. I used to not be able to play if they weren't home. Now I can play when they're home, but I still get really freaked out when I have to play for them.

I can play for my little sister though. She generally doesn't care about my playing anyway. She is a destiny new hope stripper fan.
Play for your friends and have one of them video tape it and make your parents watch that if it's good.
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
well my right leg starts shaking when I'm nervous about playing, so i jut stand up.:p
but realy the only way to get rid of(or at least decrease) your nervousness is to play in front of strangers more.
Quote by mockinbyrd
This is a good idea. I started doing this a while ago. I used to not be able to play if they weren't home. Now I can play when they're home, but I still get really freaked out when I have to play for them.

I can play for my little sister though. She generally doesn't care about my playing anyway. She is a destiny new hope stripper fan.

I was like this untill I got a tube amp that forced me to play loud enough to be heard.. Then suddenly all the hangups disappeared. Also I find playing acoustic guitar for family helped out alot when I first started playing for them.
i had that problem for awhile. A friend and i decided to take our acoustics to random places around town and just play. We made some money for lunch and got used to playing in front of people.
Thats right. Im a f***in January 09'er. Saugen Sie es, Sheiskopf!

^ That is an improper greeting.
I ended up just getting used to it by being around them.

I would just play unplugged while watching TV with my family, and eventually got more used to playing around people.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
wanna try and edit your post so it makes a little more sense? thaaanks
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Actually, i found it helps to practice in front of a mirror. Stare at yourself while playing... It cured it for me.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
Actually, i found it helps to practice in front of a mirror. Stare at yourself while playing the guitar, it cured it for me.

I edited that slightly to reduce bad things happening.
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by IwannaBeSadated
Spontaniously sing "kickapoo" in the middle of dinner. It will come naturally lad.

*raises monicle*

yup. I agree with whoever wrote that ^ just improvise. Go crazy. Get lost in the music. Have fun with it. All that matters is that you have fun. Don't try to look good just have fun with it. etc etc.......
Play in your room, with the door closed and the volume cranked, then they'll hear and be impressed BUT you won't be nervous.
Quote by Trickycindy
You're a f*cking wanker.

Quote by JC13
@Prole... Magnificent...

Quote by ZanasCross
Thanks sir. Unbanned.
keep playing outside your comfort zone. play in situations that make you the most nervous. itll wear off...