i have a crate palomino v3212 that i just bought near 2 months ago, and i was playing it, of course

and the distortion started to crackle in and out as i played fast. it would stay overdriven if i just played a single string slowly, but when i strum fast, it fades in and out of clean and OD.

i was only playing at about 2 and a half, with no effects, so i wasnt exactly pushing it. whatever it is, is it something i can fix on my own?
probably the tubes
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
can you try the amp with another guitar and cable, just to check that, that isnt a problem?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeah try with new cables. and if that still crackles, borrow a friends guitar (to make sure its not your pickups giving out) and if its continued to crackle and stuff its probably the tubes. tubes arent the hardest guitar-related objects to damage.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

well i went and tested it, but without changing any cords or anything it worked fine, and i played nearly 45 minutes until now... so that solved itself.