ok so i played for about a year but ive taken a break for the past couple months. I prefer picking over chords and need some songs to help me get back into the swing of things.

Thanks
-James
I lol'd you've been warned
Last edited by LazyBum at Feb 25, 2009,
Have you ever seen the rain? - Creedence Clearwater Revival

That's a great song for strumming chords, and it sounds good too.
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
Stairway
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
if you like picking chords, how about dont fear the reaper-blue oyster cult, tis an awesome tune and if you want to learn it, has the coool solo
Guys... I DESPISE strumming and chords. i prefer to pick my single notes but i can live doing upstrokes for my ska

No stairway.
and i like anything from soft rock to grindcore to ska
so... pretty much anything
Quote by LazyBum
Guys... I DESPISE strumming and chords. i prefer to pick my single notes but i can live doing upstrokes for my ska

No stairway.

if you want to be a better guitarist you HAVE to play chords. there are only a few songs with only single notes. and if you 'despise' strumming and chords why do you even play guitar anyways as for a song thats a thing you have to figure out yourself c'mon it cant be to hard....
Quote by atr5557
if you want to be a better guitarist you HAVE to play chords. there are only a few songs with only single notes. and if you 'despise' strumming and chords why do you even play guitar anyways as for a song thats a thing you have to figure out yourself c'mon it cant be to hard....

ok. i dont despise it, but i prefer riffs with more picking than strumming.
True you don't always have to play chords or strum but I assume you know about chords.

So how about some tabs for your favs? Tons of 'em on the net. Maybe check out the Guitar White Pages, 3 books are avaliable 150 songs each.

I have all 3 myself.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by LazyBum

No stairway.

How about some easy Metallica?
Single note riffs don't get better than Seek and Destroy.