I'm an intermediate player and I've recently just started to really try and dial in certain tones on my tube amp. I'm having a tuff time trying to get this one.
What I'm looking for is to get the same tone as the intro solo in Fade To Black.

Here's my gear
-68 LP CA with burstbuckers 1, 2
-ESP KH-2 relic with EMG 81's

-I mainly play the LP

-Mesa Dual Rectifier

Could someone please help me on which channel and approximate settings. Also I'll be getting a Boss chorus pedal soon, which I've researched and I believe kirk used it on the solo....setting also please if possible.
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Last edited by Warpigs at Feb 25, 2009,
Nothing about the amp, but don't get the Boss CE-5 or CH-1. Kirk used either the CE-1 or the CE-2, which are infinitely better than the aforementioned pedals. Another good pedal would be the Electro Harmonix Small Clone.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Last edited by rhcp_freak at Feb 25, 2009,
Anyone?
The mere fact that a flame thrower even exists is proof that sometime, somewhere, somebody said to themselves, "You know, I'd like to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
Try playing it with the neck pickup... or both pickups.. and work you tone knob.
Last edited by 667 at Feb 26, 2009,
That's were I play it and i actually did fool with the tone knob last night. It helped some, but still not quite there.
Would chorus help?
Last edited by Warpigs at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by Warpigs
That's were I play it and i actually did fool with the tone knob last night. It helped some, but still not quite there.
Would chorus help?

Idk.. I'd say a little delay maybe, so ya chorus might hit it.