4 22%
Asus G50vt-x5
2 11%
Alienware M17x
2 11%
alienware M17 crossfire
10 56%
Voters: 18.
and they gave me a budget of 1500 bucks, but the less i spend the better, right now im between a alienware either of the M17 series(im torn between the normal and the fx) a Asus G50vt -x5(which im not very sure) and a Acer AS8730-6951, i want them for gaming, i kinda like that the acer has a performance boost option but the alienwares look so cool.

halp

no im not getting a guitar because my parents say that i don't play well enough to deserve another one.
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Get the laptop with better performance.

Or you can buy me a new video card.

Just saying.
08'er incognito
alienware owns the others for gaming

however anyone who knows laptops and isnt a nerd will make fun of u for being a major gamer

do not get the acer, they are only good for cheaper desktops, for higher end it just be noo dice way better stuff out there
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Woah man....I read the title as "I'm a 15 your old boy who just sexed up a hippo". Fucking weird....
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Woah man....I read the title as "I'm a 15 your old boy who just sexed up a hippo". Fucking weird....

lol, good topic tho
By the power of Greyskull
1500 does not equal "hardcore laptop"

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
no im not getting a guitar because my parents say that i don't play well enough to deserve another one.
Did anyone else laugh when they read this?
Beers on me
Quote by Guitar_tischler
lol, good topic tho

Yes, it would be quite an...interesting read.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Guitar_tischler
PCs suck anyway

just saying, hate me if you want to

mac... 2200$
video/sound card for mac... 300$
microsoft windows converter to game with a mac... 150$
3 year warranty for mac... 300$

PC with 3X stronger hardware, 2X more memory, gaming-ready and double-click mouse
1000$......

..priceless..

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
You are spoiled.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Do NOT go with Alienware. They are complete shit. Asus and MacBooks are the only decent laptops out there.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I once used the term "hardcore strokes" to define how one of my cats use to like being stroked. Looking back i can fully understand my mother's facial expression.

I digress.. i dont know anyone that uses a laptop for gaming, and theres probably a good reason for that. If i were you i'd just get a mac notebook and save up for a gaming pc later.
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by spacejamismyjam
Did anyone else laugh when they read this?

yes
Gear:
Jackson DK2 Trans Black

Peavey 6505
Marshall 1960AV
Quote by Xiaoxi
Do NOT go with Alienware. They are complete shit. Asus and MacBooks are the only decent laptops out there.

for non-gaming just entertainment pc HP are very good

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
@ all the people who think Alienware is a "hardcore laptop".

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Good job telling us the specs.
Alienware are overpriced and overkill, acer sucks, go with the asus.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by JimmyBanks6
alienware owns the others for gaming

however anyone who knows laptops and isnt a nerd will make fun of u for being a major gamer

do not get the acer, they are only good for cheaper desktops, for higher end it just be noo dice way better stuff out there

Alienware = no
overpriced so much,
I'm supposing building one yourself isn't an option, so just shop around for a decent one. I reccomend getting a desktop, for the same price you'll get much better specs, and get it online.
Hope i helped
Quote by JimmyBanks6
for non-gaming just entertainment pc HP are very good

HP is generic. A laptop's most important feature is its structural design and on that basis, the MacBook is the only decent laptop there is.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
discard alienwares, they're out of my bdudget no way im paying 2500> for mediocre laptop
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by Xiaoxi
HP is generic. A laptop's most important feature is its structural design and on that basis, the MacBook is the only decent laptop there is.

your opinion completely pointless when talking about computers after thsi comment

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Yeah just build a PC if you can afford it.

Or blow it all on lottery tickets and hope for the best.
08'er incognito
Quote by JimmyBanks6
your opinion completely pointless when talking about computers after the bolded

No, my opinion is correct. I've worked with many laptops to have reached this conclusion. It's not like MacBooks are some sort of special thing that no one else imitate. Apple has revealed in depth how their laptops are constructed, and the only dumbfounding problem is that no one else has even attempted to copy its methods. Sony's Vaio tries to be as thin as a MacBook (even though this is just an appearance factor), but fails because Sony still relies on the traditional, much more flawed method of design.

Quote by DaysoftheBlue

You did realize he said this was for gaming right?

MacBook Pro has a 9600GT as well as a 9400 onboard for resource and energy efficiency. It's perfectly capable of running games, especially after you install Windows on it.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Your buying a laptop...for gaming?

wut

Toshiba qosmio x300 foo'
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

Quote by devit

Owned.
GO YANKEES!
get a mac.. coming from a non-mac user
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Xiaoxi
No, my opinion is correct. I've worked with many laptops to have reached this conclusion. It's not like MacBooks are some sort of special thing that no one else imitate. Apple has revealed in depth how their laptops are constructed, and the only dumbfounding problem is that no one else has even attempted to copy its methods. Sony's Vaio tries to be as thin as a MacBook, but fails because Sony still relies on the traditional, much more flawed method of design.

MacBook Pro has a 9600GT as well as a 9400 onboard for resource and energy efficiency. It's perfectly capable of running games, especially after you install Windows on it.

1. nobody has copied it because they can produce more powerful laptops for alot cheaper, hence not needing to

2. Insanely fanboyish posts are irrelevant to any person looking for real information

Quote by Popsai
Toshiba qosmio x300 foo'

only if you want to return your laptop for repair every 4 months

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Feb 25, 2009,
Alienware and Acer are both **** brands.
Alienware is over priced and Acer is just bad quality.
Quote by JimmyBanks6

Indeed, id be surprised if it would last longer than that without overheating.
Quote by Reincaster

Quote by shredhead22

Quote by JimmyBanks6
1. nobody has copied it because they can produce more powerful laptops for alot cheaper, hence not needing to
You are just like all the other short sighted people who think they know computers but actually don't. A laptop's quality should be judged much more than just its specifications. MacBooks may not have the fastest CPU or the best GPU for the price, but its physical design, which addresses many traditional problems, make it worth the $2000. In contrast, an Alienware or Vaio that costs $2000 has nothing but a "cool looking" casing. The only Windows-based laptop that is worth the money is Asus because they charge for good specs at a reasonable price and they don't charge you extra for the physical design, which is still traditional.

2. Insanely fanboyish are irrelevant to any person looking for real information

A fanboy is one who blindly subscribe to one thing while being ignorant to everything else. I've had a lot of hands on experience and I've used a lot of computers. I don't blindly subscribe to Apple. I use a custom built desktop because it is much more beneficial and efficient than any Mac desktops. It just so happens that I find MacBooks have the best qualities in a laptop.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by JimmyBanks6

2. Insanely fanboyish posts are irrelevant to any person looking for real information

your wrong, the Macbook series (white, Al, air and pro) pretty much own any other laptop as far as hardware is concerned. I'm not talking specs. Any company can build a powerful laptop, I'm talking design, and not just aesthetics. They do look nice, but that isn't the important bit. They are far more robust and innovatively designed than anything else on the market today.

You can dislike the Mac operating system as much as you like, but as far as laptops are concerned, Apple make the best.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Xiaoxi
You are just like all the other short sighted people who think they know computers but actually don't. A laptop's quality should be judged much more than just its specifications. MacBooks may not have the fastest CPU or the best GPU for the price, but its physical design, which addresses many traditional problems, make it worth the $2000.

so a few cosmetic changes, and the way they place their motherboard, along with a slower CPU and sh|tty GPU, and less memory make it worht an extra 1000$,

i dunno about you but i tend not to like throwing money away as if it grows on trees.
Also this guy wants to game, something macs are uncapable of on a very large amount of popular games

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO