Finally taking on my first full song with a solo and like expected am encountering some trouble with the solo.

Right now Im playing it by barring the 12th fret with my pointer and using my ring for the 15. However the 12 on the B string rings a lot and it sounds nasty with distortion. Is there an easier way to play this or is it mainly a muting issue. If the latter how should I go about it?
What I would do is bar the 12th but "lean" your finger on one string but not both. This will mute the string your not playing, and solve your problem.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
go on to UG TV, type in Kirk, and theres a lesson by Kristofer Dahl on that section of the solo
Pinky dude, its all about the pinky

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Its a pretty small stretch so I dont really need to use my pinky. Im not one of those people who completely ignores my pinky because its weak in fact I use it on the next part which goes

19p15

Thanks for the responses
Assign a finger per fret.. So yeah, like they all said use your pinky. Small stretch or not
Quote by AlanHB
Yeah well in special UG land chords = noob, scales = intermediate and modes = advanced. Most users are trying to finish the game on hard because then you get the trophies for noob and intermediate difficulties upon completion anyway.