He-llo, my dear friends. Check out this channel. THAT is me. Not all of them are current, but the songs Look in the Mirror, Double edge, and the Creeping Death cover are new. So, whatcha think? I don't know how to play drums, btw. That's why I have ****ing boring drum rhythms.
Drums aside, I listened to both the originals you posted. I don't think either of them were particularly good i.e. they don't sound particularly original, your guitar tone doesn't at all fit with your screaming.

My opinion - don't like

However, you should look into changing the way you record I would guess. Drums will do for the time being just to keep time. What equipment do you use? I feel the distortion and eq need to be played with. I'd say try to go for a bassier sound. More middle, less treble. You need to get the levels correct on all the instruments too, so the tracks sound more cohesive.
Quote by Myshadow46_2
Drums aside, I listened to both the originals you posted. I don't think either of them were particularly good i.e. they don't sound particularly original, your guitar tone doesn't at all fit with your screaming.

My opinion - don't like

However, you should look into changing the way you record I would guess. Drums will do for the time being just to keep time. What equipment do you use? I feel the distortion and eq need to be played with. I'd say try to go for a bassier sound. More middle, less treble. You need to get the levels correct on all the instruments too, so the tracks sound more cohesive.

What do you mean the guitar tone doesn't fit with the screaming? Does it really matter all that much? And I'm not using my amp right now because it weighs a freaking ton, and I hurt my arm. So I recorded through a BOSS ME-50 pedal. Recorded my whole demo with it. I used a Fender Strat for Look in the Mirror, and for Double Edge, I used an Ibanez GAX-70. And what would correct levels be? Right now, I max my guitars, and my settings right now are: Bass - 8, Middle - 3, Treble - 10. I don't like the middle, I scoop them, especially for the solos. But I would be willing to turn down the treble and up the bass.
I thought the tone of the guitar was more black metal than metalcore, probably because the treble is up so high. The screaming would probably fit the tone more if the levels were better. I think just decreasing the level of the vocals. Maybe once you can use the amp again you could play around with settings then. In the end though, they're your songs and they may sound how you'd like them too. There is actually a settings thread on this site, have alook there for some inspiration.
Quote by Myshadow46_2
I thought the tone of the guitar was more black metal than metalcore, probably because the treble is up so high. The screaming would probably fit the tone more if the levels were better. I think just decreasing the level of the vocals. Maybe once you can use the amp again you could play around with settings then. In the end though, they're your songs and they may sound how you'd like them too. There is actually a settings thread on this site, have alook there for some inspiration.

Yeah, I kinda like the tone, but I like a "warmer" sound. And that's what I get with my amp. The song song structure isn't great because I wrote it in maybe 10 minutes. I'm working on a new track, that I've precomposed. Hopefully that'll turn out better.