Hey guys. I've been interested in buying one of these as a possible mod guitar for a while now and I was thinking of maybe putting some Invaders in to replace the stock pickups. My band plays grungey/alternative rock and I was wondering if these would be a good choice or if I should go with something else.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
the invaders never impressed me. They do one thing and one thing only. My personal preference for rock guitars with humbuckers is either a JB/Jazz, JB/59, 59/59 combo from Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio Super Distortions. The Invader is just... WAY to much, didn't really like it. Ended up swapping the Invader with a 59 and then getting rid of the guitar and holding onto the 59 after a little longer.

PS. Nice Placebo sig, if you're looking for that 90's grunge/alternative sound, the Invaders are not what you want.

Also, what kind of amp you usin'?
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I'll be using a Peavey Valve King 212.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Quote by 67_67
I'll be using a Peavey Valve King 212.

I don't know what kind of voicing that amp is, is it british or american, vintage or modern? High Gain? What guitarists' tones are you looking for specifically. Seems you like Gaven Rosedale, but who else we thinkin' bout when we're looking for tone?
The suggestions I made are all perfect for all of that and beyond. Plus, you can coil-tap them to get them into "single coil" mode.
Might go with the Super Distortions actually, they seem like they'd be pretty cool for the sound I want. Thanks for the suggestion
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers