Sorry if it's the wrong place for the thread.

But there's a guitarist I heard earlier. Started in the 1980's, Fingerpicks everything and does a lot of great legato runs, has a very saxophone-like lead style. Very country influenced and fuses country with rock and has a few instrumental albums. When he finger picks, he uses his pinky to hold the whammy bar and the other four for picking.

I loved his music, who was this guy?
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by tom708
jeff beck i think

No, it's not. I'm pretty sure its not him
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Quote by tom708
jeff beck i think

Yeah it's likely Jeff Beck.

EDIT: Nevermind.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Feb 25, 2009,
Probably Roy Buchanan
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Probably Roy Buchanan

No his name is ____ lee ____ i think
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Albert Lee
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Albert Lee

Nope, Lee was the middle name I'm sure of it. I think he did guitar for Jason Becker for a while.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Quote by Seymour dooncan
Jake E Lee? probably not

Nope.

It wasn't a big name, he never got huge, so names like Brian Setzer aren't them.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
you're talking about michael lee firkins
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by ItsThatDude
you're talking about michael lee firkins

THAT'S HIM!

Thanks a lot.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
Just to add....jeff beck started in the 60's with the yardbirds, not the 80's
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10