I'm in a 3,000 piece (okay, 8) ska band, and I was looking for a *ahem* better distortion than what I've got at the moment. What I'm looking for is a "punk-ey" distortion, the Line6 I bought from a friend is a bit too harsh...

My budget is around $150 since I'm selling my old guitar to a friend. I was maybe looking at a EHX Big Muff Pi?
Fender Deluxe Player's Strat
Fender FM 65 DSP
Line 6 UberMetal distortion
Danelectro Fish N' Chips EQ
maybe just a tubescreamer?
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
I know of A LOT of punk bands that mainly use boss distortion and OD pedals so I would maybe look into those
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
The Big Muff is more of a fuzz and is not very ideal for punk. Fuzz doesn't respond very well to palm-muting.
Mmkay, thanks for the feedback. So what should I be looking towards?

And in any case I'll be playing everything this weekend when I have money lol
Fender FM 65 DSP
If I were you I would save the money to put towards a new amp. Otherwise something like a Boss OS-2 would last, only until you can get something better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
BBE green screamer or an Ibanez tube screamer
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
I have owned a few Boss pedals and they are ok. Not the greatest, but if you can shell out a little bit of money you could get a Keeley modded Boss. Living in Idaho, I haven't had a chance to try these out, but I hear amazing things about Robert Keeley's mods. A modded Boss DS-1, one of the cheapest distortion pedals unmodded, costs about $130. Although it may be cheaper to just buy a DS-1 and send it them to mod for $75. Here is Robert Keeley's site. He also mods BD-2's, SD-1 (this is an overdrive pedal, not distortion), Tubescreamers. Alot of stuff. And I hear that he does a great job. I am probably gonna send in my SD-1 when I get some cash.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
Hmm, that's a little more than I'd like to spend, but I'll see if anyone around here has one I can try out.

And would a tubescreamer have enough gain?
Fender FM 65 DSP
I'm thinking a Big Muff isn't what you're lookin for.
A Tubescreamer won't sound fantastic though your SolidState Fender amp. It's not really what you're looking for, I don't think.
$150 is a lot of money. Do some research.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I know that BOSS Metal Zones are actually very good for playing punk rock and hardcore punk.

If you want something a little bit lighter, get a BOSS OS-2.

Those pedals are good, but the best punk distortion ever comes from a Marshall JCM or a Mesa.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
MXR Distortion III would be pretty good for what you want to do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
MI Audio Crunch Box
Boss DS-1
MXR Distortion II or III
Pro Co Rat ( maybe to fuzzy though)

That's all i can think of right now, although you might want to check out the newer Digitech Hardwire pedals, I've heard some good things about them.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

+1 for mi audio crunch box, its basically a marshall in a box
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt