Ok its my first refinish thread. and i have my squier ready to paint. I going to have a darkish red color with a white pickguard http://www.fender.com/resources/colors/ number 77 is the color "Frost Red". Along with the repaint i am going to add 2 more tremolo spings to have a full set of 5, and a tremolo arm because i lost the original. I plan on cleaning and polishing the bridge and tuners and jack plate tonight or tomorrow. and cleaning the fretboard and neck. pics will be up soon. if you have any suggestions please let me know. also I am not doing new pickups because i am going to sell it as a beginner pack with an amp cable and tuner.
Oh Hey look at my signature
Last edited by BlackDog55 at Feb 25, 2009,
PICTURE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry about the glare i guess i held the metal too close to the camera but its not too bad (I hope) doesnt give the polish job justice but you get the fact that i'm actually doing the project.

tell me what you think
Quote by Invader Jim
I has 24k... BIG pics...

i wish i knew what you said
Quote by Invader Jim
I have 24k dial-up.

You posted gynormous pictures.

My modem won't stop yelling at me.

oh hahaha i feel stupid. sorry for the picture size didn't really think about it.
all the refinishing I mentioned will only cost me $26.74. pretty sweet deal considering it will probably be sold for 250-300 dollars.
Quote by Invader Jim
Markups ftw!

well i got it for $250 and its only two years old. adding in the manual labor and modifications to the guitar+the amp, tuner, cable, and picks it should be a fair price. the only question is where to sell it. eBay? Craigslist? Local shop? idk maybe an ad in the newspaper? or someting i don't know...
Quote by Invader Jim
How about right here in the Gear Ads forum?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats sounds delicious! I completley forgot. the only thing is how do I know I can trust people on there. I havent really ventured out of the Instruments catagory of forums. I a-scared
If they are on the Good Trader list, they're ok. If they are on the Bad Trader list, they are perma-banned.

So you don't have to worry about it if anyone here values thier account. I've done business in there a few times with no badness. I'd rather do it here than on ebay or craigslist or some other anonymous site...