From what I've read and looked into, this seems like a good middle of the road bass for playing out/recording. This price seems pretty decent but I wanted to get some more opinions before I dive in and spend my hard-earned cabbage. It's a Spector Legend 4 bolt-on, and it's going for $329. I've played it and it feels solid and seems relatively un-molested.

-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Last edited by Garou1911 at Feb 25, 2009,
I reckon that even though Legend is their "bargain bass" line, you won't find a new bass of that quality for the price, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a used one.
Where are you getting it from?

The reason why I ask...I used to own a Spector Legend 4... and the one you have pictured looks like a performer 4. Not to say that I don't believe you, but I would ask for some sort of Serial Number, and then call Spector. I loved my Spector, and I am excited for you... just make sure it's a legend.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Quote by aceofbass131
Where are you getting it from?

The reason why I ask...I used to own a Spector Legend 4... and the one you have pictured looks like a performer 4. Not to say that I don't believe you, but I would ask for some sort of Serial Number, and then call Spector. I loved my Spector, and I am excited for you... just make sure it's a legend.

I dunno.. Looks like a Legend to me, as I have one too, mine is Cherry Burst though.

Yours could be the custom with the gold hardware, as opposed to the Classic, which looks like the one the TS is talking about.

Although, I'm not ruling out it could be a performer, I just think its a Legend Classic.

If so, I recommend it, great bass for the money, not overly heavy, well-made instrument and sounds good
signature
The Legend Custom has a set-neck instead of a bolt-on in addition to different hardware.
Yeah, it's defenately a Legend 4. It's at a local new and used place (Music-Go-Round). I played it in store and wrote down the serial and looked it up. I went in today to put a down payment on it so it'd be held till I can get it on Saturday, and I can't freakin' wait . It's gonna be so much better then the crappy Washburn I'm on.

Thanks for all the input guys
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Quote by Garou1911
Yeah, it's defenately a Legend 4. It's at a local new and used place (Music-Go-Round). I played it in store and wrote down the serial and looked it up. I went in today to put a down payment on it so it'd be held till I can get it on Saturday, and I can't freakin' wait . It's gonna be so much better then the crappy Washburn I'm on.

Thanks for all the input guys

Music-Go-Round, Eh? Theres one of those 5 minutes from my house, but, all they have is 12 $300 Corts. All brown I might add, and no, they are not Curbows.
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Quote by PluckU
Music-Go-Round, Eh? Theres one of those 5 minutes from my house, but, all they have is 12 $300 Corts. All brown I might add, and no, they are not Curbows.

Yeah, they can be pretty hit-or-miss. The one I live near is also close to the Ohio State campus, so they seem to get a lot more gear, but there's one across town that me and the guys in the band occasionally check out and it's always like these dusty cheapos from Johnson or Brownsville or at best the occasional Squire.
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Oh, here's a link in case you guys want to look more closely. Sorry to dissapoint, but I've already had it set aside so no buying out from under me

http://www.musicgoround.com/detail.aspx?id=744266

almost forgot it came with a gig bag. Man I can't wait to get my hands on her
-Guitar Gear-
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H