Page 1 of 3
Anyone else like me LOVE to read? Noting is better to me than putting in a chilled out CD, getting under a thick warm blanket and reading for a few hours. My weekends are generally spent sitting on my back porch reading away.

Just finished Brave New World. Thought it was pretty good but nothing as great as my friends said it was. I'm working on One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest right now.

So discuss books and such.
*raises hand*
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
i just remembered recently i like to read, began some hemmingway
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

Never found it that appealing.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
Yeah I love to read a good thriller before I go to bed.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
just finished one flew over the cuckoos nest a few nights ago.

had the freakiest dream i've had in a long ass time
I started a couple books last week but I haven't been too interested up to this point. I started "O The Clear Moment" when I saw it at the library. The only reason I picked it up is because the guy who did the weird letter-art in Fear and Loathing did the cover art for this book, but it's kinda disappointing so far.

But a good long book I've read a couple times is "The Moonstone". I forget who writes it, but it's a classic mystery novel...good read.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
i finished Lunar Park like a week ago
just a good book whit some meh parts
Quote by Grey Dynasty
just finished one flew over the cuckoos nest a few nights ago.

had the freakiest dream i've had in a long ass time

Should I be prepared for a freaky ending? I'm only like 40 pages in since I started it today.
Quote by The_Paranoia
Should I be prepared for a freaky ending? I'm only like 40 pages in since I started it today.

put it this way.

the ending grows to be fairly predictable as you near it, but when you get there, it is more vivid and well written than you could imagine.

EDIT: this is also just an opinion
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Feb 25, 2009,
Also, "When You Are Engulfed In Flames"...recommend that to anyone.

And (I know how this sounds...) "False Memory" by Dean Koontz is an amazing thriller novel...reading at it's best (even though I HATE Koontz).
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
I liked reading the Harry Potter books. Srsly.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
Quote by The_Paranoia

It's not necesarily freaky, but I thought it was quite interesting/ a little disturbing. And interestingly enough I also just finished Brave New World and then One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

But yeah I used to love to read, although I cut back a lot when I started playing guitar.
I like to play video games if that counts.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Im not much of a reader, I usually get bored, or I never get to finish the books due to lack of patience I guess.
Ive read House of Leaves a few weeks ago, though, and I fuking loved it.

Any of you guys read it too?

EDIT: Lol^ to me theres not much difference between a book and a good videogame, they both tell a story and they both help you spend some time.
Last edited by Just_Matt at Feb 25, 2009,
Don't mean to be a dick but go to the literature thread.

It needs a bump anyways.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Quote by Xiaoxi
I like to play video games if that counts.

It does.

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
i cannot sleep without reading
Quote by dragoo-mon
+1 to carcass255, he knows funk will lead the way

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Pies? You're the drunk one!
Quote by thanksgiving
It does.

Then yea, I play reading for hours and hours...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Just_Matt
Im not much of a reader, I usually get bored, or I never get to finish the books due to lack of patience I guess.
Ive read House of Leaves a few weeks ago, though, and I fuking loved it.

Any of you guys read it too?

I've read House of Leaves at least half a dozen times. Every time you read it, it gets better IMO. Do you have the copy with the Whalestoe Letters from Johnny's mother in the back? Those are pretty messed up.

I tried to read is other book, Only Revolutions but it is way too confusing to read right now. I'll pick it up again this summer when I'm not worried about school.
Quote by Grey Dynasty
put it this way.

the ending grows to be fairly predictable as you near it, but when you get there, it is more vivid and well written than you could imagine.

EDIT: this is also just an opinion

This. i saw the movie before reading the book (actually smart, becuase the book turns out to be so good that the move pales in comparison), so i knew what was coming, but i was still emotionally enthralled after reading the last few paragraphs.

Edit: and yeah, you could say i like (read:love passionately) reading.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by Yeti60

It needs a bump anyways.

+1
BUKOWSKI!
On that **** right now, its the bomb.
Reading a weird book called the Yiddish Policemen's Union too. Its cool so far.
But yeah, reading rocks, brain exercise/nourishment/enhancement/adventure.
Quote by The_Paranoia
I've read House of Leaves at least half a dozen times. Every time you read it, it gets better IMO. Do you have the copy with the Whalestoe Letters from Johnny's mother in the back? Those are pretty messed up.

I tried to read is other book, Only Revolutions but it is way too confusing to read right now. I'll pick it up again this summer when I'm not worried about school.

Yeah, Ive the full color edition, it does have P's letters and a bunch of some other stuff.

I want to read Only Revolutions, is it like HoL?
Quote by Yeti60

It needs a bump anyways.

If he went to the literature thread all his answers are surely going to be:

"Yes I like reading."

He wants to know who else likes reading, people that DON'T go to the literature thread. I sure don't.

Quote by Våd Hamster

ZOMG u guys shud chek out TWILIGHT its liek teh b3st book evar!1!!1!111!1!!

But seriously, yes, I like to read.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by BigBassFishing
BUKOWSKI!

You should be one of those cartoon superheroes that get 10 commercials every 30 minutes on Saturday morning.
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by The_Paranoia

I agree about HoL I've read it about four times and can never get enough.

I did the same thing with Only Revolutions since I just couldn't follow it in school.

Right now I'm really into Chuck Palahniuk and Hunter S. Thompsons books and I just started Gatsby for my English class.
Quote by BigBassFishing
BUKOWSKI!

the only bukowski book i've read is The Post Office a few years ago, and i liked it a lot. I'm not sure what else to read by him, though! Care to make a suggestion?
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I read what my classes have me, which is sometimes some pretty good stuff.
Quote by Survivalism
The Dual Rectifier is my sexy finishing move.

Quote by Survivalism
Nobody knows the words to Evenflow, they all just go "bramamamamamamamamaamamamabooowwllofcornflakes"
Quote by Blow Me
You should be one of those cartoon superheroes that get 10 commercials every 30 minutes on Saturday morning.

is that a bukowski reference? or are you saying i'm super?
Quote by rosamamosa
the only bukowski book i've read is The Post Office a few years ago, and i liked it a lot. I'm not sure what else to read by him, though! Care to make a suggestion?

I haven't read that. I just got Hot Water Music from a friend...short stories, they're real good
edit; sorry dp
Quote by BigBassFishing

is that a bukowski reference? or are you saying i'm super?

Um...

Yes
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by carcass255
*raises hand*

*raises hands*
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favorite books. I also enjoyed the Lord of the Rings series, as well as quite a few other books I just kinda picked up from random bookstores in my middle-of-nowhere town in Wisconsin when I visit family.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Quote by Just_Matt
Yeah, Ive the full color edition, it does have P's letters and a bunch of some other stuff.

I want to read Only Revolutions, is it like HoL?

OR is nothing like HoL. The book is written very strange. It has two characters. You read the book right to left to read it in the view of one character. Then when you finish the book from left to right, you turn the book upside down and read it right to left to view the story from the other person's. It's not written in complete sentences.

It's more
written
like in
this
sor
t
of form-
at

Very confusing. Lots of insane metaphors. People have read the book dozens of times and understand maybe 40% of the book.
Last edited by The_Paranoia at Feb 25, 2009,
I love to read more than anything. There's nothing more comforting than a book. I'm reading Les Miserables right now. It's really, really good so far. Everytime I've got money to spend, I use it all on books.

TS: I loved Brave New World, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was pretty good, too.

Edit:
I've also read House of Leaves and Only Revolutions. I liked HoL better, but they're both quite good. I've been meaning to go back and reread both of them.
Last edited by xcynicx at Feb 25, 2009,
Page 1 of 3