Hello everyone. I'm fairly new to bass and have not been able to pick up another bass besides my uncle's bass I use.

So the only one I have is the crappy one from that Dean pack (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Dean-Edge-09-Bass-and-Amp-Pack-103944997-i1147588.gc)

For right now, I want to put new strings on it. (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2833-Hybrid-Slinky-Round-Wound-Bass-Guitar-Strings-100083420-i1122357.gc)

Would it fit...? Or can I NOT put them on the bass?
They'll fit fine, and they'll sound great for a week or so...

I had some of the same set, and they died quickly.
Oh really? That's not good. I heard that they were good, and stayed good =[
Quote by PedRoFTWkiddies
Rotosound Swing 66.

the only way to go my man.

The only thing I have to compare them to are dead stock strings, but I agree fully.
The word 'bright' scared me, but I realized that 'alive' is a better word to use for it.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
The only thing I have to compare them to are dead stock strings, but I agree fully.
The word 'bright' scared me, but I realized that 'alive' is a better word to use for it.

I vote for Rotosound Swing 66 as well, they really are that good.

To the TS: I used to use Ernie Ball Super Slinkys, which I do like, but the Rotos are even better. I also briefly (and more recently) had some DR strings, but those got replaced with Rotos very quickly.
Last edited by ITFgroove at Feb 26, 2009,
I like the Rotosound 77s, the flats, but if I'm going with round wounds I have to go with Ernie Ball Super Slinkys.
Elixirs kinda sound like Slinkies, except a little bit brighter initially and a fair bit more punch/warmth, but they stay bright a hell of a lot longer. The only problem is they cost about £30ish.. but totally worth every penny, IMHO.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3