So i was feeling today creative and decided to put some old bass strings on this guitar i had. I put the A (.80 guage) and D (.65 guage) on and was wondering if anything could happen to my guitar because of the heavy strings.

Also is there any possible way to tune it
I real expensive boomerang?
Quote by Thomme
I would have liked it more if the leprichaun didn't look like it was trying to take a massive dump on the rainbow. But, kuddos, man.
It'll **** up your guitar. Bass strings can't be tuned to the octaves of a guitar, plus they exert a ****load more tension. Get those things off unless you feel like having expensive firewood.
ok im scared going up 1 gauge and right now your going up roughly 25 gauges. im not sure but i think 5 is really enough to warp it soo good luck
Don't do it!

You'll probably have to get your bridge adjusted too. It screws up those things in it, I forget what they're called. Also, the thing at the top of your fretboard might need replacing(Damnit, I hate it how whenever im typing or talking I forget the name of impotant stuff) Ah, I just rememberd, the things on the bridge are saddles!
..I was watching my death.
The 65 might not be that bad, as long as you're tuning it down to Bb or something. But yeah, your guitar will collapse on itself from wayy too ****ing much tension with those other strings on them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
My friend put bass strings on a Fender acoustic guitar. I was so pissed off at the desecration. The neck's not bending though.
Quote by dz_alias
My friend put bass strings on a Fender acoustic guitar. I was so pissed off at the desecration. The neck's not bending though.

Yet.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Ippon
The thickest I've gone is .064, for the low B on my MIJ Ibanez RG7620:

The .080 will definitely cause issues.

SRV used to play as high as .058 in Eb... Zakk Wylde's signature set goes up to .060. I can't imagine .065 being much worse.

.080 is probably not good, but these do exist:
http://www.juststrings.com/new-am-m7.html
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
That's probably not a good idea as the neck will surely be warped by the tension, and its not made to have those strings on there. It probably wouldn't tune very well either
Its hard to break a neck with string tension alone but this might do it it will at least warp
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Ippon
Rebelw/outaCord
rebel without a chord

Why thank you sir. I'll accept that !
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
could blow out the truss rod.. who knows, but definatly not worth it. get a bass, and then for everyone who plays b and lower, get a baritone or 7 string, make sure its all set up for that kind of tuning.
Quote by POWERMETAL!
could blow out the truss rod.. who knows, but definatly not worth it. get a bass, and then for everyone who plays b and lower, get a baritone or 7 string, make sure its all set up for that kind of tuning.
lol, no.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.