so, i talked to my local #canadian# music store person. im looking for an amp around 600-800 (preferably less because of tax and everything, i have like Maybe 800 bucks) bucks NO MORE THEN 800. he suggested a randall rg 50tc tube amp. idk.

im going to try a lot out so give me some thoughts on what to look at

i play metal (BFMV) SOME lighter stuff but not much. i want a metal amp.

it will be mainly a bedroom amp, hopefully a gigging amp soon but nothing big. i could mic it anyways, i dont want a 300w tube amp suggestion thankyou very much

if it helps. i have a jackson DK2S with duncan designed humbucker, but soon to replace it with probably just a step up duncan, you can suggest humbuckers and guitars too.

thanks!
I picked up a Soldano Atomic 16 within that budget used. It's a farking tone machine more than capable for metal, blues etc.. Craigslist if you can my friend.

Edit: if new is your way to go, the 6505 + 112 combo rec'd below would likely be the best option if the quality is there on that version
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 25, 2009,
there's going to be a peavey 6505+ combo that's supposed to be around 500 (which is more in canada so probably around 600), you might want to wait for that, its coming out in the spring. that randall is supposed to be good, i hear its like a raw metal amp though, so not much versatility.
crate,line 6,peavy maybe
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Quote by stratdud39
there's going to be a peavey 6505+ combo that's supposed to be around 500 (which is more in canada so probably around 600), you might want to wait for that, its coming out in the spring. that randall is supposed to be good, i hear its like a raw metal amp though, so not much versatility.

if it will be good though. spring in canada???.. ima go check the peavey site keep em coming!
I am looking too, i checked out a peavey vypyr, seriously it is amazing. i pretty much made up my mind with that. you can make it sound like whatever kind of amp you want, you can get it solid state or tube, the amp models are actually very good, they sound exactly like it, i tested that(on the marshall model), then a real marshall, it had pretty much the exact same tone. i really reccomend this amp, i live in canada too, and the 75 watt solid state was like 390 or something so it is a great price, im not sure about the tube 60 or 120 though.
so go and try marshal, randal, peavey vypers, line 6? (is line six to low of and amp, like its 800 bux and i thought they were toys)
don't b-52 have like a 60 watt combo version of the at-100? i swear i saw it on musicians friend, altertively search for a used mesa f-30/50 or marshall jcm 900 50 watt combo
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
Quote by stratdud39

the 6505 combo is $719 Canadian on Axe Music with free shipping (the stores in Alberta i believe).... its out of stock but says it will be back in stock in 10 days max

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp?numRecordPosition=36&P_ID=20873&PT_ID=44
TS, find WTF!!'s metal gear thread, theres a huge list of amps in there, and a bunch of metal amp/gear nerds who will answer any of your questions.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by azn_guitarist25
old thread is old, dead thread was dead etc. etc.

haha yea my bad i didn't look at dates

i was just cruising the forums looking for amp ideas for myself and thought i'd try and help
i actually found a cool metal amp. Peavy valve king 100 watt .... any one got any experience with these????
A list of suggestions:
Randall RG
Peavey 5150/6505
Bugera 333, 333xl, 6260, etc.
Used Mesa F-30/F-50
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Line 6 Flextone
Ampeg V or whatever it's called
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
A list of suggestions:
Randall RG
Peavey 5150/6505
Bugera 333, 333xl, 6260, etc.
Used Mesa F-30/F-50
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Line 6 Flextone
Ampeg V or whatever it's called

it VH140C

and Old thread is old
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7