I've been really excited over the course of the past year to learn one of my childhood nostalgic memories was coming into reality....The new Watchmen film.

I read it when I was around 10, and it was an instant hit with me. It was a large part of my growing up, and the new movie will hopefully prove a worthy addition into my fanboyhood

They seem to have done the costumes fairly well...especially Rorschach(my personal favourite character)

What do people who have either read the novel or want to see the movie think about it?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Who watches the Watchmen?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
My friend loves them, but I haven't really caught on. I don't really understand comics in general, to be honest.

Sorry.
Quote by restless_thrash
i was gonna say english, mofo, do you speak it, but then i read some more. I'm excited for it.

same. although i guess it's good you know 2 languages.
Quote by Thundering_Dove
My friend loves them, but I haven't really caught on. I don't really understand comics in general, to be honest.

Sorry.

Not so much comic as graphic novel.

But I get where you're coming from.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
Not so much comic as graphic novel.

But I get where you're coming from.

Well, true, but it was still released in comic form, to begin with.

And I'm really excited for it. I'm hoping for nothing but greatness from it.

Also, I'm wanting to see the changed ending, and how Snyder tackled it. It doesn't sound as interesting as the book's ending, but it definitely sounds like it will work out well.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
WTF is the Watchmen? Why is UG on this movie's ass? You guys are gonna love it whether it sucks or not...right??
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
If I think it's a bad movie, I'll say it, and I probably would only watch it again to see if there's anything I like from it later on.

So, no, I'm not "gonna love it whether it sucks or not".
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Blow Me
WTF is the Watchmen? Why is UG on this movie's ass? You guys are gonna love it whether it sucks or not...right??

It was originally a comic book/graphic novel that came around I think in 1986....and this movie is based on it.

I'll probably like it as long as it keeps fairly well to the book's intention...but hopefully the director doesn't kill off everybody by the end
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
It was originally a comic book/graphic novel that came around I think in 1986....and this movie is based on it.

I'll probably like it as long as it keeps fairly well to the book's intention...but hopefully the director doesn't kill off everybody by the end

I mean...I'll probably watch it eventually. And to it's credit - it is a DC movie instead of that Marvel crap. I just don't want you kids to get your hopes up on what could potentially suck major balls...because I'll probably giggle at your expense.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by Blow Me
I mean...I'll probably watch it eventually. And to it's credit - it is a DC movie instead of that Marvel crap. I just don't want you kids to get your hopes up on what could potentially suck major balls...because I'll probably giggle at your expense.

You're two years younger than I am, so I'll be calling you kid

I'm just excited about it because the Watchmen was a large part of my childhood. If they ruin the movie, I've still got the novel. It won't really phase me.
read the novel a couple months ago....I'm goin at midnight on opening night.
GO HUSKERS!

12/5/1993 --R.I.P. J.J.S.-- 6/4/2010
I'm looking forward to this a lot. Looks like it stays as true to the source it can (minus the ending which sounds like it'll be just as good as the original). Only negative I can find is the actor for Ozymandius is not very good from what I've seen.
It's got a 91% on rottentomatoes so a lot positive reviews so far.
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.