Looking for feedback from people that have played on this amp.

Pros and cons?

I'm looking for a half stack for $1,000 or under.

I play Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, and Heavy Metal so yeah I need some distortion lol.
^Should have added this the first time, sorry! )
Last edited by Ex Shred at Feb 26, 2009,
you could find better tube combos in the price range

/typical GG&A answer
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I've played it.
It's decent.
Extremely decent.
You can get okay sounds out of it,
but you can get better sounds out of tube amps of equal or lesser value.

It's one of those things that really perk your interest at first, but when you bring
it home and play it for a few months, you wish you bought something else.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Might as well buy a penis pump. It'd feel better.
If you must have a solid state halfstack, Ampegs and Randalls tend to be the way to go.

But...what's your budget and what are you playing?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Cleans are sterile and flat sounding. Distortion is harsh and buzzy.

Pretty much crap in every sense.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Might as well buy a penis pump. It'd feel better.
If you must have a solid state halfstack, Ampegs and Randalls tend to be the way to go.

But...what's your budget and what are you playing?

hmmm... i wonder where they make those

<_<
>_>
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
*sigh*

It's completely craptastic. I would rather have an MG (please don't get this either.)

Budget? Playing styles?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
*sigh*

It's completely craptastic. I would rather have an MG (please don't get this either.)

Budget? Playing styles?

It's funny, some people here act like there is nothing worse than the MG, which there are. And Crate solid state amps are one of them. Then again you can pretty much throw all cheap solid state amps into one big pile of suck.

edit: 311, I was looking at those listings and as much as I hate Crates I'd even pick up that Blue Voodoo at $275 if for nothing else than to mod the hell out of it (which I've heard a few modded Blue Voodoos and they actually sound fairly decent). NY has so many better deals than NC...
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 26, 2009,
Let him learn from his mistake,
the crate flexwave was my first halfstack then I learned how bad it was sold it got a peavey valveking I started hating now I have a Genz Benz El Diablo.
Oh sorry, I'm looking for an amp for around $1,000 and I play hard rock and heavy metal.
I am looking for more of half stacks rather than combo amps, any reccomendations?

I checked out those amps tho 311Z0SOVHJH
Quote by Darkflame
although the clean channel is really damn good!
the distortion sucks

This is going to be the norm with solid states in this price range. If you like how its sounds go for it, you could always use a stompbox for distortion if you don't like the amps distortion.
Quote by xBOPx
the crate flexwave was my first halfstack then I learned how bad it was sold it got a peavey valveking I started hating now I have a Genz Benz El Diablo.

damn my local music store has a genz benz El Diablo, i was wondering what there good for, going by the name i`m gonna guess Metal.

and yes the flex wave suck.
Quote by xBOPx

I HAVE learned from my mistakes lol, I bought a Line 6 Spider III as my first amp so now I'm taking my time and learning EVERY thing about the next amp I buy. I could care a less if the Crate half stack sucks I'm just checking out pretty much everything haha. :p
Quote by Ex Shred
I HAVE learned from my mistakes lol, I bought a Line 6 Spider III as my first amp so now I'm taking my time and learning EVERY thing about the next amp I buy. I could care a less if the Crate half stack sucks I'm just checking out pretty much everything haha. :p

HAHA my 1st stack was a Spider II 75HD, i know your pain, thank god those days are over..... STAY AWAY from solid state amps, unless it`s a Line 6 Vetta or Flex wave, which cost as much as tubed amp anyway.

If you play Metal a JCM 900 is a good choice, the SL-X is a monster metal amp so i`ve heard, never played one, but my 4500 is a great metal amp too. also look into other Marshalls like the JCM 2000 DSL or if your lucky enuff to find one a JCM 800 2203/2204.

Peavy 6505 / 5150.

just remember your looking at atleast $1000 just for the head for any of the amps i said. tube stacks are NOT cheap
Ya Flexwaves seem logical when you first start looking, but I think you can do much better. I don't do metal so I won't pretend to have alot of insight, however bugera's seem to be alot of bang for the buck, and good metal tones ive heard.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by Slayerdeath
HAHA my 1st stack was a Spider II 75HD, i know your pain, thank god those days are over..... STAY AWAY from solid state amps, unless it`s a Line 6 Vetta or Flex wave, which cost as much as tubed amp anyway.

If you play Metal a JCM 900 is a good choice, the SL-X is a monster metal amp so i`ve heard, never played one, but my 4500 is a great metal amp too. also look into other Marshalls like the JCM 2000 DSL or if your lucky enuff to find one a JCM 800 2203/2204.

Peavy 6505 / 5150.

just remember your looking at atleast $1000 just for the head for any of the amps i said. tube stacks are NOT cheap

Yeah I have checked out the JCM800 but I didn't like the distortion and I'm not a big fan of pedals. I also checked out the 6505 but I don't like the fact that I would have to play loud all the time for it to sound good. However I still need to look at the JCM900's.

And yeah I originally wanted a Krank Krankenstein till I found out the head was about $2,100 X[)

I definitely need to check out the Bugera's.
Dude I checked out a vid of the SL-X that thing was sick! The tone was amazing, there were some really nice palm mutes coming out of that beast too. But the only problem was the guy said it was at gig volume and he said it was quite.

Hows this amp?
^definitely check out the Bugeras. I'm GASing for a 6262. A friend of mine has one that I've thought about stealing many times Just be sure to have a tech look it over to tie up any loose ends and you should have a great amp. My buddy took his in and there was nothing wrong with it, and he just had to pay the shop minimum for the tech to give it a once over
eyebanez333 I'll try to check the 6262 out but I'm at school atm so youtube is blocked haha.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

id go for that Blue Voodoo head..thats a very good price for that head. its not a bad sound amp and for cheap you can have it modded to sound even better. a bud of mine has one of the older Blue voodoos and red voodoo amps and it sounds great!
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA
Sure, if it were a good amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Sure, if it were a good amp.

LOL I agree. I almost bought one of those....but my last Crate crapped on me so didn't really feel like going through that again..