I've got a Peavey Bandit 112 and today i plugged in no sound came out. The little red light turns on and i was finally able to get a little sound out once i turned everything up to 10. I never play at very high volumes and ive never had problems with this amp.
Any thoughts on the problem and/or how to fix it?
Check the obvious things first: is the volume on the guitar up? Did you try a different cable? A different guitar? Is the input jack loose? Does the speaker connection appear to be secure? etc...
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I had a preamp tube go in an amp one time that made it really really quiet.

Just about made me crap my pants too. Was a customer's DSL 50 I was working on (head on top of a 1960A cab). I just rebuilt the whole thing from top to bottom, reassembled it, but never got to try it out. Went to his studio, dropped it off, plugged it in. Put out maybe two watts at most. All volumes on 10. I had brought one extra 12AX7 along, started plugging it in replacing the BRAND NEW tubes I had just put in there. Replaced the last one...he hit 1 note and I was dang near deaf (everything still on 10).

Could be a multitude of things. Take it to a tech if you can find one, otherwise...really, on a tube amp, the only user servicable part on the tubes. Try to find another tube and replace each preamp tube one by one and see if that's the problem.

Before any of that though, do what the first post said. Different guitar, volumes up, tone knobs up, different cable, etc etc...
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by DLrocket89
I had a preamp tube go in an amp one time that made it really really quiet.

Just about made me crap my pants too. Was a customer's DSL 50 I was working on (head on top of a 1960A cab). I just rebuilt the whole thing from top to bottom, reassembled it, but never got to try it out. Went to his studio, dropped it off, plugged it in. Put out maybe two watts at most. All volumes on 10. I had brought one extra 12AX7 along, started plugging it in replacing the BRAND NEW tubes I had just put in there. Replaced the last one...he hit 1 note and I was dang near deaf (everything still on 10).

Could be a multitude of things. Take it to a tech if you can find one, otherwise...really, on a tube amp, the only user servicable part on the tubes. Try to find another tube and replace each preamp tube one by one and see if that's the problem.

Before any of that though, do what the first post said. Different guitar, volumes up, tone knobs up, different cable, etc etc...

But the Bandit is a Solid State. Chances are, unless it's a fuse (which wouldn't make sense), you won't be able to fix it yourself.

Warranty?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
yes i did check all the stuff (guitar volume, cables, and i plugged my guitar into a smaller amp and it worked fine).

and theoreticmusic is right, its a solid state, so i dont really know what to think.
I bought the thing used, but ive never had any problems with it,

i guess ill bring it into a shop and see what they can tell me.
Unfortunately, unless it's something simple, you'll probably just want to throw the amp out, as fixing it may cost more than it's worth.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.