First off, I'm going to tell you guys that I do not play guitar and never had played a real instrument. Except the recorder, and that stupid Trumpet in music class. I really don't want to spend more than 400 $, 450$ at the most.

Anyway, I've decided to get a guitar for many reasons. I don't really plan on becoming the next Jimi Hendrix or anything, but I really need something to do. Back to the topic, I've been looking at multiple guitars but really can't decide. Mainly, the bands I like are Mötley Crüe, Guns 'N' Roses, Poison, Airborne, Soundgarden, Steppenwolf, Santana. Y'know that kind of stuff. Anyway, I come to you guys in aid of finding my first guitar.

EDIT: After talking to my father, he said I can spend a maximum of 600 $. But he'd prefer it not to be very expensive, just incase I give up on it.
Last edited by AXS at Feb 26, 2009,
god brett michaels is gay.

wow i just googled him, and "brett michaels poison" isn't a recommended search, however "brett michaels hair/bald/rock of love/" are all suggested searches. he isn't even associated with his music anymore.
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Feb 25, 2009,
Used Epiphone G-400 SG for $300-$350 plus Peavey Vypyr 15 watt amp
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Honeyburst
Peavey Vypyr 15w
Screw epiphone. Buy a fender from a pawn shop and get an amp with the left over money.
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Screw epiphone. Buy a fender from a pawn shop and get an amp with the left over money.

Might I ask what kind of Fender? A Strat or something?
Quote by AXS
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Might I ask what kind of Fender? A Strat or something?

Yea, I'd go with a strat, they're my favorite. Though mustangs and jaguars are great as well. Jazzmasters too.