Hello everybody, i had i question. What do you guys think is more important on the bass, to be abble to jam, or play songs, and by jam i mean stuff like 12 bar blues, walking basslines, and what not.
It really depends on what your goals are. Personally--I think the ability to be able to play in any situation (jam ) on any song in your own style is a goal worthy of any bass player.
Quote by anarkee
It really depends on what your goals are. Personally--I think the ability to be able to play in any situation (jam ) on any song in your own style is a goal worthy of any bass player.

+1

None of those things are 'most important'. It's all down to what you want to do.

Jamming and learning set pieces should not be exclusive of each other, in my opinion. Studying one can make you better at the other.
jam, by far, u learn so much by jamming, sometimes even others songs by accident, liek tonight at my guitar lesson, giving an example of major to minor, i found out how to play the intro to back in the saddle, all chords in it....we both found it hilariously freaky....
Try adding more delay.