Trying to decide on a pedal for Metal. Been using the metal zone for years and want something better. Any suggestions at $200 or less?
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
You can get a ZVex 'Box of Metal' for $200 on ebay. You will be hard pressed to find a better high gain distortion box.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
the ehx metal muff is absolutely amazing..... i am selling mine but only because i dont use it with the new amp i got, as it has plenty of gain on tap. but as far as distortion pedals go this one is absolutely amazing, especially with the eq settings it has, as it allows you to dial in the exact tone you want
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Damage control Solid Metal
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube mayhem
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by danecave13
i dont understand why everyone reccomends the metal muff.. its just noisy fuzz. :/

to be honest i have always used it with the gain down around 1-3 almost like an overdrive pedal in conjunction with the gain channel on an amp,keeping the gain down on the amp as well to keep the fuzz out, and i have always been able to get great clean high gain tones out of it. i found that the eq's had to be kept down and i never used the top boost, but it worked well for the application i used it in ....

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Ummm...to the last two posters, you do know that the Metal Muff works best through the clean channel, right? It's not an overdrive, it turns to mush if you put it through a distortion channel.
Fender Tie-Dye Stratocaster
Charvel So-Cal (Dimarzio Air Norton and D-Sonic)
Minarik Inferno (SD Pearly Gates and Custom Custom)
Guild GAD-C3 (A flamenca negra)
Yamaha FG433S (A steel-string acoustic)

Egnater Tourmaster 4212
Peavey Rage 158
Last edited by HellRaiser620 at Feb 25, 2009,
Hellraisers right.

I use one through a clean channel. any distortion pedal through the distortion channel sounds like hell.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by theoreticmusic
Tech 21 Sansamp GT2?

That's not really a high gain pedal. I've listened to some of the other suggestions as well. EHX is too "fuzzy"? The others just not quite right.
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
I hear good stuff about the Rocktron Silver Dragon... not 100% on the name.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by HellRaiser620
Ummm...to the last two posters, you do know that the Metal Muff works best through the clean channel, right? It's not an overdrive, it turns to mush if you put it through a distortion channel.

yes i do understand the difference in a distortion pedal and an overdrive pedal. i was bored one day and decided to experiment, and by doing this i found out that i came up with a better cleaner gain for the amp i was using. i was merely throwing that out there as an option to the pedals versatility....

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!