ok so im looking for new pickups for my schecter omen 6. I started looking at the blackouts their active humbuckers built by seymour duncan... im wondering what your opinions are and if these pickups will give me a monster high gain turn you inside out metal sound.. haha you get the idea.. i also like to get a good clean tone though.. are these pickups coil splitable or will i get a clean sound out of them anyways? just help me out here haha
do it
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
They do exactly what they're meant for. They are meant for high-gain, high-distortion sound. With the 18V mod (like on EMGs), you can get some pretty decent cleans, but they are no where near a strat or Jazz guitar in clarity. They will, however, give you a distortion that can literally melt faces.

What kind of amp do you use? That'll help figure out how good these pickups will be for you.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
They do exactly what they're meant for. They are meant for high-gain, high-distortion sound. With the 18V mod (like on EMGs), you can get some pretty decent cleans, but they are no where near a strat or Jazz guitar in clarity. They will, however, give you a distortion that can literally melt faces.

What kind of amp do you use? That'll help figure out how good these pickups will be for you.

Ignore this, they sound like EMGs w/ 18v mod, they sound like passives but they have much higher output, I love my set and Im going to put them in every guitar I buy
they have good cleans for active pickups, but not close to strats since they arent single coils

Plus if you want turn-me insideout crushing tone, you wont be able to get any cleans at all. The Blackout Metals will give you this but as I said they have no cleans
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Last edited by Metalfan41 at Feb 25, 2009,
You just said ignore my post, the repeated almost the same thing. I wasn't saying they sounded like EMGs, I was saying that you can get really good cleans by combining both the 18V and blackouts. But if the TS has a crappy amp, he could better spend his money by upgrading his amp, rather than put in new pickups.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by Metalfan41
Ignore this, they sound like EMGs w/ 18v mod, they sound like passives but they have much higher output, I love my set and Im going to put them in every guitar I buy
they have good cleans for active pickups, but not close to strats since they arent single coils

Plus if you want turn-me insideout crushing tone, you wont be able to get any cleans at all. The Blackout Metals will give you this but as I said they have no cleans

GTFO mah Hate Crew
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
amp?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I gotta say that I prefer the BLACKOUTS to the EMG's. I've installed 3 sets on 3 of my guitars. I find the EMG's to have a muddier sound than the BLACKOUTS. The Harmonics I get from the BLACKOUTS are light years beyond any other pickup I've ever played. I feel they also have a bit more dynamic range.

I play through a ENGL Screamer 50.... SICK!!! Monstrous sound!!! I cant help but think that Dimebag would be rockin' the BLACKOUTS if he were around today.

I say go for it! I really doubt you'll be disappointed. Also on a side note, on the rare occasion that I had problems installing the P'ups Seymour Duncan techs are really great with helping you trouble shoot, quickly and patiently.
Last edited by LTD-live at Mar 2, 2009,
Quote by bv310
You just said ignore my post, the repeated almost the same thing. I wasn't saying they sounded like EMGs, I was saying that you can get really good cleans by combining both the 18V and blackouts. But if the TS has a crappy amp, he could better spend his money by upgrading his amp, rather than put in new pickups.

ok, but the 18v doesnt do anything to Blackouts Ive been told, plus they have good enough cleans stock
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Love mine, and the normal blackouts clean up pretty well. That said these things are made for brootalz. F-ing sweet high gain tone. I a/b-ed mine (installed on a gibson faded v) with an emg loaded razorback and my bosses emg loaded EC-1000 and the Blackouts won in just about every possible way.
Guitars > Pedals > Amps > Sabbath >