Ok,

This may have been done to death, but I couldn't find what I wanted when I googled or searched the UG forums.

I want to put an oscillator into my guitar like Matthew Bellamy has. I want it to do the same noise thats controlled by a pot built into the guitar.

For those of you who aren't familiar with this. Check it out in action at the start of this video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVystFVwdzk

Anyone who wants to give some input is very welcome!

Thanks Guys
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
No-one knows of how to do this?
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Don't bump your thread after any less than like a day. It was still like 5th on the page. Patience.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I wasn't thinking of it as a bump, more of a confirmation that people don't know what I'm talking about.

But thankyou, I will take what you said into consideration.
Quote by end_citizen
Is that not just his Zvex Fuzz Factory?

Well that pedal does that oscillator noise. But is it possible to control one from a pot on your guitar?
I found a forum thread. You are correct. It is his zvex fuzz factory. His is built into his guitar. I will look more into putting into my guitar after I post this. But I saw someone said they simply attached the pedal to their strap for using the screaming sound.
I don't know anything about the strap idea, but there are tons of Matt Bellamy threads on here. Most of them are either about the Zvex or his Kaoss pad. You probably won't need to post in the thread anymore. There is lots of information to be read around here.
don't they use a Kaoss pad built right into the guitar?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
don't they use a Kaoss pad built right into the guitar?

He does have guitars with touchpads that are connected to Kaoss pads. But not this one. Its a Zvex Fuzz Factory built in by Manson guitars and two of the 5 pots are coming out of the front of the guitar and he uses that to control the oscillation
go google atari punk console. simple circuit. easy to do. a whole lot cheaper than buying a fuzz factory to take apart and fit into a guitar.

or buy a fuzzfactory, take it apart and shove it into your guitar.