So I recently re-wired my 2x12 cab in parallel, so that I could run my newly acquired Mesa F-50 head through it (no 16 ohm option on the head).

While I haven't noticed any serious problems, it almost seems like the sound coming from the speakers is "pointing" the wrong way, if that makes any sense? Basically, when I'm sitting about 6 feet back or so from the amp, it sounds like the sound is going off to the sides, rather than directly towards me. Is this a wiring issue? As far as I know, paralell is negative-negative and positive to positive wiring.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Each speaker = 8 ohm, so 2 wired in series = 16 ohms, or 4 ohms in parallel. I'm not worried about the ohms, I just want to fix the problem I'm having. I'll open the back of it in a little bit and make sure everything is as it should be.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Yeah, if you wired them negative of one speaker to positive on the other, the phasing would cancel out the middle area, and you'd hear more from the sides.
There are actually some cool studio tricks you can do with that to get a 'wider' sound.
Definitely check out the wiring.