I doubt it as the program could only interpret notes and not position on a guitar neck, but there may exist a (probably very expensive) program that will write it in standard notation which you could then convert into tab.
Yep there is, but only in the format of standard sheet music.

There're plenty but here's something powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCjv4_jqAY

BTW you can buy a midi controller, then you can record directly and open in a guitar tab program.
Last edited by YA89 at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I doubt it as the program could only interpret notes and not position on a guitar neck, but there may exist a (probably very expensive) program that will write it in standard notation which you could then convert into tab.

Are you kidding? It'd be so easy to write to something to determine position on the neck. Very similar to how guitar pro/power tab can reposition notes on the board.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by 18th_Angel
Are you kidding? It'd be so easy to write to something to determine position on the neck. Very similar to how guitar pro/power tab can reposition notes on the board.

They use MIDI though. There's a big difference.
if you dont have a midi guitar, all programs do a sloppy job, except for melodyne, its great
1953 Epiphone zephyr
1988 PRS custom 24
1960 Moon oct. mandolin
Quote by 18th_Angel

i highly doubt it.. unless it knows your guitar and the timbre of string/fret..

It could suggest the easiest position/fingering..
but people prefer/play different things.
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Quote by 18th_Angel

... both of those programs are rubbish at determining fingerings. Useful ones, anyway.