Doing a lot of upgrading right now. I bought a Traynor YCS 50 about a month and I'm in the middle of getting some new pedals. I still have about 200 extra for a new set of pick ups for my les paul. I can go up to 300 but would prefer between 200-250 CDN. I play classic rock(AC/DC,zeppelin,etc), hard rock and 80s metal such as Metallica. What do you guys suggest i take a look pick up wise for my gibson les paul studio?
higher output pups are gonna do better for your harder rock and metal, and mid output will do better for the classic rock spectrum, but you might be better just getting some mid output ones and use an OD for that boost in the heavier genre.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
any paticular ones or is personal taste? I have a Zakk Wylde overdrive pedal so I think i will end up going with the mid output.
I bought the hotrodded package from seymour duncan. its got an SH2 Jazz Neck and Jeff Beck Bridge. I play mainly the same things you do, and in all honesty, the JB may be a little too hot for what I want...its still amazing though I just think next time I may just get some 59s

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Duncan Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck - will do pretty much anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1 for Seymore Duncan JB in the neck and Jazz in the bridge.