I know there's a bodybuilding thread or whatever, but I figure I could just make a quick thread about this considering it's not nessecarily bodybuilding. I just want to know if there's something on the net I could use to accurately figure out how many calories I'm burning with my activities. I know they have general figures, but I know that people of different sizes would burn more calories doing the same things smaller people would. Like when on the treadmill it says I've burnt only 150 calories from running I know it's complete bull****. But yeah anyone know where I can find what I'm looking for?
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
My advice is don't worry about really. You'll really get down if you're constantly measuring how much you lost. If you want to lose weight then you'll see it come off. Over the last month and a half I've lost around 20 pounds and it seems good just to not focus on it daily as it wont seem like it changed at all. Although you may want to know for a competely different reason that makes the above advice useless. If so forget I said anything.
Questions of science
Science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart
Well I was just curious because I'm trying to measure what I eat against what I'm doing.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Dance Dance Revolution has an excellent workout mode.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
treadmill, weights and swimming about 30 minutes a piece each day.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Stop counting like a god damn woman. Just lift **** until you can't lift anything anymore, then run until you can't run anymore and so on. If you can do anything anymore because you're too tired, it means you put in a good workout.

Queer.
thanks ass.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
Quote by offspring_punk
treadmill, weights and swimming about 30 minutes a piece each day.

What has lifting weights got to do with cardio?

Quote by Dog--
Stop counting like a god damn woman. Just lift **** until you can't lift anything anymore, then run until you can't run anymore and so on. If you can do anything anymore because you're too tired, it means you put in a good workout.

Queer.

Lifting weights doesn't burn fat. It builds muscle. Which is clearly not what we're trying to do by counting calories.

Moron.
You're*
Last edited by Survivalism at Feb 26, 2009,
What about running?

Just read the first sentence? Illiterate? Retarded?
I'd use a bomb calorimeter.

Just sayin'.
There will probably be a signature here at some point.
Quote by Survivalism

Lifting weights doesn't burn fat. It builds muscle. Which is clearly not what we're trying to do by counting calories.

Moron.

It burns calories, but gives potential for lean muscle mass gains. Lifting can be used for gaining or losing weight, it depends on your diet and routine. (Tons of carbs for maximum muscle size gains, low to no carb diet with high protein to send yourself into a ketotic state where you drop fat like mad while retaining muscle.)
Count them. It's fool proof.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
I don't know how to measure how many calories are burned by the things I'm doing. I watch the number of calories I take in but I don't know how to count how many I burn. That's the problem with counting them. I know that you have to burn like 3500 calories more than you take in in order to lose 1 lb. I'm not too concerned with actual weight loss, just fat reduction. I'm already really muscular. I weigh 280 but I look nothing like it. I just have fat around my stomach area and my chest. Basically man boobs. But other than that my legs are pretty solid and my arms are actually toned.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
This is fool-proof, my dad is a nutritionist:

Put a thermometer in your mouth, record your temperature and replace the termometer immediately afterwards. Next, stand on one foot for about a minute (gets the blood pumping easily), then record the difference in temperature (if there isn't a difference, that's perfect). Then remove the thermometer and do a light workout for about 3 minutes. After you're all done, the body part you did the light workout on (whether it's your legs or abs or biceps, whatever) will feel a little tense, which is normal, and you can actually keep track of the calories you burned by banging your forehead on the nearest wall and counting the drops of blood.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Last edited by Blow Me at Feb 26, 2009,