So I saw this little 1w blackheart amphead at GC today and it seemed pretty interesting. It was running threw a small orange cab(I have no idea why) so I gave it a try. For not haveing any EQ adjusties it sounded pretty good, although...
I couldn't push the volume to much cus I was at the store so I really have no idea how loud this thing can get. If it does the job right I'll be running it through a 4x12 of some sort.
So does any body know how loud this thing can get rigged with a 4x12?
Thanks for any help you can give.
there is no quote in this box
It'll get fairly loud for how small it is. Really, it's only got 1/2 of a tube watt (1/2 ofa preamp tube is the power section.)

A 412 won't make it louder. It might make it sound louder, but it won't be louder.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Is it gig capable.(small coffee house type shpeel)
there is no quote in this box
i wouldn't gig with it. no cleans at volume, zero flexibility...

I'd get the Little Giant if you want to gig. Or the Blackstar BH-5H
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I just ordered a Killer Ant. I have seen some threads about tube replacement here and I'd like to get some opinions from people who actually own a Killer Ant and have tried tube swaps. The reason that I am thinking of changing the tubes is to get more clean headroom and a lower overal output volume. Even 0.25w can be loud at 2am!

Along with the KA I ordered 2 GT Gold 12au7's. At the extreme end of things you could replace both tubes with 12au7's. That would lower the output severely! I've seen others mention a 12at7/12au7 combination. That might be better. I have a nice NOS Telefunken 12at7 that I was keeping around for my Echocord if I ever needed it but I'll certainly put it in the KA if I think it will sound good there. I did not have any 12au7's of any type around, which is why I ordered the GT golds with the KA but the combo of the old NOS Telefunken and a hot new GT might just be the ticket.

So, anybody have any experience with this? I can't wait to get it! I also ordered a Blackstar HT-5H head although they are backordered until the middle of April. I can't wait for that one too! Those are hard to get your hands on, and I wanted to order one now before they raise the price. I'm sure they will, at least another $100 if not more. they can't keep them in stock as it is. Like those Gibson Melody Maker guitars, they have been steadily creeping up in price. You gotta get these things when they come out.

Oh yeah, as far as the cabs for these heads, I was lucky and I scored the two cabs/speakers from a Marshall Microstack for $100. I always wanted those cabs but not the solid state amp (Marshall is so lame these days, making all those ss amps that stupid newbies buy) so I was jazzed to say the least when I scored them.
Quote by Rorer 714
I just ordered a Killer Ant. I have seen some threads about tube replacement here and I'd like to get some opinions from people who actually own a Killer Ant and have tried tube swaps. The reason that I am thinking of changing the tubes is to get more clean headroom and a lower overal output volume. Even 0.25w can be loud at 2am!

Along with the KA I ordered 2 GT Gold 12au7's. At the extreme end of things you could replace both tubes with 12au7's. That would lower the output severely! I've seen others mention a 12at7/12au7 combination. That might be better. I have a nice NOS Telefunken 12at7 that I was keeping around for my Echocord if I ever needed it but I'll certainly put it in the KA if I think it will sound good there. I did not have any 12au7's of any type around, which is why I ordered the GT golds with the KA but the combo of the old NOS Telefunken and a hot new GT might just be the ticket.

So, anybody have any experience with this? I can't wait to get it! I also ordered a Blackstar HT-5H head although they are backordered until the middle of April. I can't wait for that one too! Those are hard to get your hands on, and I wanted to order one now before they raise the price. I'm sure they will, at least another $100 if not more. they can't keep them in stock as it is. Like those Gibson Melody Maker guitars, they have been steadily creeping up in price. You gotta get these things when they come out.

Oh yeah, as far as the cabs for these heads, I was lucky and I scored the two cabs/speakers from a Marshall Microstack for $100. I always wanted those cabs but not the solid state amp (Marshall is so lame these days, making all those ss amps that stupid newbies buy) so I was jazzed to say the least when I scored them.

Wow this is the definition of a thread jack

Dude just make ur own
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10