My Mesa Roadster hasn't been sounding like it usually does, maybe I need to tweak it but the tubes have been played for over a year I believe without a retube and it sounds like the gain channels have no definition and it's kinda muddy. The clean sound great like usual. Does this sound like the tubes need to be changed?

Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Similarly, my Fender Hot Rod Deville has been buzzing a little bit, and I think it may be the tubes.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
if its getting muddy then i would say yes

i used to change tubes prematurely just to be safe but w/e
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Would you guys recommend using Mesa's tubes again?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt
Would you guys recommend using Mesa's tubes again?

I generally veer clear of Mesa branded tubes. Contact Tube Depot or Doug's Tubes and they'll be happy to recommend something (within the bias specs of couse) that will work well for you.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Doug will tell you what he thinks of mesa tubes hahah. Check out his site www.dougstubes.com He is awesome, tell him exactly what you dont like about the sound of your amp, and he will help you as much as he can to help you change that.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Doug will tell you what he thinks of mesa tubes hahah. Check out his site www.dougstubes.com He is awesome, tell him exactly what you dont like about the sound of your amp, and he will help you as much as he can to help you change that.

I ordered from him last time, he gave me a setup of ruby 6l6's and a variety of preamps and the rubys died in 6 months time.

sounds like utter **** (or sounds like an MG on the OD channel) its time for a retube.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Yeahup, time for a retube. I get all my stuff at www.tubedepot.com. Usually JJs straight across the board, tung sol 12AX7s if you want a bit brighter sound.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial