I came across this april fools article,

http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26340

and thought, why hasnt this happened yet? I can't possibly be the only one to imagine julian lennon, james mccartney, dhani harrison, and zak starkley being in a band together. And these guys are in their 30's, so there must be an answer as to why they haven't played all together. And im sure at one point they have. I would LOVE nothing more than to have these sons of legends to just go on tour for a small while, playing classic beatles tunes....or even possibly collaborate and write new music!
So if im mistaken and havent done enough research, please let me know.
So beatles fans,
why hasn't this happened yet???
"Never stop doing what you love" - Paul McCartney (Commercial lololol)
Last edited by moptopguitar at Feb 25, 2009,
I sure wish Jimi's so-- Oh wait
I dont know to be honest. Search on google for an article maybe?
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by stephen_rettie
talent isnt heriditary.

and of course there has to be a smug, smart ass comment that i have no other choice than to agree with.
i agree... BUT!
bear with me when i say that this would be extremely cool
pretty commercial i would imagine, but coool nonetheless
wouldnt u buy tickets to see them on tour?
i sure would, i could care less what you think.

EDIT:
on top of that
i'd like to say that all of these guys are all extremely talented.
talent is hereditary from the beatles because you can't compete with what the beatles have done to music already
either way all these guys' musical taste and preferences are so unique and different that i would still love to see them collaborate.

p.s julian IMO writes some pretty good stuff
oh and jimi had a daughter!
"Never stop doing what you love" - Paul McCartney (Commercial lololol)
Last edited by moptopguitar at Feb 25, 2009,
Quote by moptopguitar
and of course there has to be a smug, smart ass comment that i have no other choice than to agree with.
i agree... BUT!

EDIT:
on top of that
i'd like to say that all of these guys are all extremely talented.
talent is hereditary from the beatles because you can't compete with what the beatles have done to music already
either way all these guys' musical taste and preferences are so unique and different that i would still love to see them collaborate.

p.s julian IMO writes some pretty good stuff
oh and jimi had a daughter!

the **** was smug about that? simple answer to a simple question, they may all be 'talented' but they may not collaborate well together, and even if they did they would be living in their fathers shadow, and by that i mean they would never know if they had true fans or people just buying it cause its the ****ing beatles.
and anyway can you honestly say if they did get together and write beatles esque music (whcih they would have to, they wouldnt get away with trying to innovate) that it would sell by it's on merit?
the beatles were the pop music of their own era, but popular music has changed a lot.
I think the point is that they all seem to have very different musical styles, but since they do have common ground, it would be possible for them to come up with something interesting if they collaborate. Nobody's saying it has to be like the Beatles. But Zak is very rock 'n roll, Dhani probably inherited some Indian flavor from his dad, etc. and they might make some interesting stuff.
because it would be dire

I wouldn't pay to see the Beatles now if they were all still alive etc, just like I wont go to see the Stones and I couldn't care less when the Floyd did that gig.

When it comes to music, I can be quite ageist - I saw there should be a law that says once you have released the album that you spent years writing in your bedroom (in other words, the good one)you should be shot to save us all from that 'difficult' follow up album and hear you banging on about just how difficult it was in that lovely plush studio with all the gear and people running around after you etc.

I appluad your enthusiasm mate, but I for one would cross the road to piss on that band if they were on fire, but then i am a miserable old git
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
From someone aware of each Beatle's son's musical talents I would say that most of these boys are happy with their lives as they are and have their own thing going on.

Why should they want or have to get together to tour old Beatles songs?

Purely a dream that alot of people hang on to.

Dhani isn't just into Indian stuff and Julian writes and sings from the heart, Photograph Smile was as good as any of the fab's solo albums.

The only possibilty to cling to may be some form of Beatles tribute when the remaining members of the Beatles Estate, the surviving wives of George and John and, dare I not say it, Ringo and Sir Paul are no longer with us to celebrate the band and their achievements.
I wouldn't really like it. But I bet if they did, it would sell like crazy.

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Quote by moptopguitar
i agree... BUT!

Couldn't care less! Couldn't!

Anyway, its called the leveling off effect. Sons that pursue the same careers as their fathers tend to not be as good at it. I agree with pretty much everybody else in this thread that such a thing would be lame.
Quote by stephen_rettie
talent isnt heriditary.

i know one of johns sons can play guitar

plus you dont need to be ridiculously talented to play beatles covers.

they should put on a tribute concert or something like that
'Music is the best"
Zappa
Zak Starkey is better than his daddy. As for the other 3...
Please don't confront me with my failures. I had not forgotten them.
Dhani is pretty good too, but I guess all I have to go on that is his stuff during the "Concert for George".
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
An unbeliever! Crucify him!
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all