Okay so i traded my Classic 30 to Matrixclaw for his Ampeg so i need a cab for it as i don't own one myself.

i'm hoping some of my gear sells soon either here on my ad or locally to fund my need for a cab.

anyways, i don't know whether to get a 1x12 or a 2x12. it's probably better for me to get a 1x12 as i don't gig. i'm just an at-home player.

i need something versatile. as i play everything from zeppelin, dream theater, korn, nirvana, b.b. king, slayer ect.

so i need speakers that can handle different EQ settings. Something that can handle mid-range for leads as well a scooped tone for that chugga, chugga

i've been looking to get a 2x12 with a Vintage 30 and a G12T-75. but as i mentioned before, it may not be necessary for me to get 2x12 if i can get a 1x12 with a speaker that can handle at least 70w.

any help is appreciated. i've been looking at avatar and i like them already. if anyone else has any other suggestions, please let me know

thanks
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
what kind of speakers come in vaders?
as of now i'm leaning more towards avatar as i like the look of their vintage styled cabs plus they seem to have good rep here on UG.
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i personally like the sound of V30's a whole lot more but you will need a bigger cabinet that just a 1x12. i'm not sure if they will suit your amp as i've never played it but to me the V30's are far superior.
vader cabs come with eminence legends i'm pretty sure, could be wrong though.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
VADER

they come with eminence legends in them.

and +1 to avatar, basically +1 to theo
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
how do the eminence legends compare to the V30's or the G12T-75's?
any other suggestions?

EDIT: by the way, the amp is an Ampeg VH-140 70w mono/140w stereo
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 25, 2009,
question,

i'm really leaning toward a vintage styled Avatar 2x12 with a V30(for middy EQ settings) and a G12T-75(for scooped tone).

will the amp split the wattage to both speakers?
i.e. it'll deliver 35 to each? don't wanna accidently blow one for mixing speakers with different wattage handling.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
They are not stock eminence legends

Stock eminence legends are terrible IIRC

These are custom made for vader to match their cabs and give a TON of headroom
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
They are not stock eminence legends

Stock eminence legends are terrible IIRC

These are custom made for vader to match their cabs and give a TON of headroom

yeah, i was looking at legends in Musicians friend and thought they looked like really cheap speakers for the price of a vader cab.

good to know they get good headroom. i like my cleans, clean
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
i think the wattage goes by the smaller speaker....if you have a 25watt greenback and a 60watt V30 the TOTAL wattage of the cabinet will only be 50W.

So 75W speaker with a 60W will make it a 120watt cab.

I hope i'm right?
There are several different versions of Eminence Legends. I agree that most of them are not that good, but the Legend V12 (stock speaker in Vader and Soldano cabs) is quite a different story.

Also, consider a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12, it does very well with all forms of distorted guitar playing and doesn't compromise the cleaner stuff.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
sorry i didnt mention that about the legends....
the vader 212 is really great, but having played both, i went for the 412
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
VHT makes nice 4x12's if youre looking for some low end.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Teh Forest King
VHT makes nice 4x12's if youre looking for some low end.

& So does Orange, and so does Framus, and so does Bogner, and so does Diezel, and so does EarCandy, but they're all substantially more expensive.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
marshall 1960v?
or the marshall 212....1936v?
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
I'd build. And put in a Crescendo that will easily handle anything you can throw at it.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

thanks for the reply guys

there's a guy selling a 2x12 avatar with a V30 and a G12H. for 250. whaddya guys think about that? sounds like a good deal to me.

trying to keep it under 300 so i don't mind going used.
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I still say a Vader 2x12 or a used Genz Benz ported 2x12 will get you more of what you want
i'll look into genz benz

i was lookin in pawn shops for some cabs and i found a Marshall JMP 50w model for $150!

idiots don't know what they are selling
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i'll look into genz benz

i was lookin in pawn shops for some cabs and i found a Marshall JMP 50w model for $150!

idiots don't know what they are selling

****ing BUY IT!
Quote by Brendan.Clace
****ing BUY IT!

i'm trying to. i just need 50 more bucks to make it. i'll probably end up pawning my wah and ts9 i have for sale just to buy it.

the guy was kinda being a dick about it. he didn't let me try it cuz i didn't have cash with me. said he's waisted too much time with people who said they'd be back but never do. i'll probably go this afternoon

EDIT: he's also selling a JCM900 1960 cab with it for a total of $560. worse part is, he has a MG100hdfx head next to it for $300. MAJOR
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Last edited by SomebodySomeone at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by SomebodySomeone
i'm trying to. i just need 50 more bucks to make it. i'll probably end up pawning my wah and ts9 i have for sale just to buy it.

the guy was kinda being a dick about it. he didn't let me try it cuz i didn't have cash with me. said he's waisted too much time with people who said they'd be back but never do. i'll probably go this afternoon

EDIT: he's also selling a JCM900 1960 cab with it for a total of $560.

that's quite the deal! buy it nao!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Orange/Engl 2x12 with v30's
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Quote by spiff389
that's quite the deal! buy it nao!

i just got back

i was too late
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Quote by SomebodySomeone
thanks for the reply guys

there's a guy selling a 2x12 avatar with a V30 and a G12H. for 250. whaddya guys think about that? sounds like a good deal to me.

trying to keep it under 300 so i don't mind going used.

I'd do this.

They make good cabs. I took mine apart. I have a traditional with a G12H-30 and a Classic Lead 80. Total rating is 55 watts.