Specifically Bpm.

If I have a beat at 65 bpm and I times it by two to get 130 bpm, will these tempos still work together and 130 just accentuates the beats that 65 skips?
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by jasonmetal love
Specifically Bpm.

If I have a beat at 65 bpm and I times it by two to get 130 bpm, will these tempos still work together and 130 just accentuates the beats that 65 skips?

makes sense to me...but hell if i know.
bump.
███████████████████████████████████
I don't quite know what you mean by accentuating the beats the 65 bpm skips but basically the tempo corresponds to how fast the snare drum is being played. For example, using your numbers, with a tempo of 65 the song would feel slow but then if the drummer started playing the snare in half the amount of time, he would essentially be playing in what's called "double time" and in your case, that'd be at a tempo of 130. Think of a standard rock drum beat going into a standard punk beat.
Quote by Shiotflinger
I don't quite know what you mean by accentuating the beats the 65 bpm skips but basically the tempo corresponds to how fast the snare drum is being played. For example, using your numbers, with a tempo of 65 the song would feel slow but then if the drummer started playing the snare in half the amount of time, he would essentially be playing in what's called "double time" and in your case, that'd be at a tempo of 130. Think of a standard rock drum beat going into a standard punk beat.

Good general explanation. But not nessecarily true.
A drummer playing a section with the snare drum on every 1/4 note in 65 bpm versus a drummer playing on the half note will sound the same.

Really it is a matter of preference and ease of writting.

For example, I typically like to see drums a certian way. So i adjust the temp to that a beat fits with in a measure as ooposed to half a measure or a who measure
Main Rigs
Guitars
Thineline tele with SD lil '59

Ibanez Artcore AM-73

Line 6 Variax 500

Effects

Line 6 X3 live
Digitech RP-500
Ibanez Weeping Demon

Amps
Roland JC-120
Rocktron VT-60