i know this should probably go in R&R but i dont get much response there, anyway i have found a good deal on an sm57 but i dont have an audio interface at the moment but i do have the old toneport gx with no mic inputs would it work if i WELL if i used something like this?

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/71071
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
no, it will sound like crap, the toneport adds its own DSP, has crappy converters and lacks a mic preamp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
thought as much, any ideas on a good audio interface thats not too expensive yet still will deliver good quality
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
thanks though i was kinda looking for something in the £50ish range is there anything good at that price?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

not that I know of, I would just use the toneport in the mean time and save up for a decent interface .
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Actually the tone port works pretty decent. I now use a higher grade firewire interface but I started out with a tone port and it worked almost as good. Using asio of course. Just go to asio4all.com. If it don't have a mic input all you got to do is buy a cord that has a mic on one end and a guitar cable on the other end and plug it up. That's what I did.

I use the fp10 firewire interface now which you'd probably like a lot but the tone port can actually do it well. Just don't use any of the onboard stuff on it just use it as an input at the highest sampling rate on your asio as possible without it freezing.