Everyone post some of the most interesting cryptids you have seen/heard of.

What is a cryptid? it's an animal that is supposidly extinct but may be alive still, an animal that may or may not exist to begin with (bigfoot, nessie) or newly discovered animals that you've never even heard of.

heres some stories of cryptids

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/090224-fish-video-vin.html (fish with transparent head which was already in another thread

and

The Giant Beetle http://www.care2.com/news/member/100041282/806960
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Last edited by dxpaintball8000 at Feb 26, 2009,
You mean Cryptids?

I love reading about them, spend hours on Wikipedia.

Favourite stories are The Beast of Bodmin Moor, The Jersey Devil and Mothman.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by Cobain_Is_King at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by Bowkore
When I was 8 I went looking for pokemon in the forests....

you should have walked through the tall grass. its the only place where pokemon are found!
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by ozy!d!ot
you should have walked through the tall grass. its the only place where pokemon are found!

Or have one of your pokemons use headbu...

Oh, u didn't have any to begin with.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Or you could use your digivice to open a portal to the digital world, And get befriend with a digimon ? (Wich are totally more awesome and cooler than pokemon)
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by G-loony
Or you could use your digivice to open a portal to the digital world, And get befriend with a digimon ? (Wich are totally more awesome and cooler than pokemon)

Oh f"ck that! f*ck cryptids. this thread is now about digimon (the imposters) vs. Pokemon
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canvey_Island_Monster

Something about a 4ft frog makes me "lol".
I think I'd better head over there [not too far IIRC] and find one myself.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by dxpaintball8000
Oh f"ck that! f*ck cryptids. this thread is now about digimon (the imposters) vs. Pokemon

Isn't he awesome ?
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
You mean Cryptids?

I love reading about them, spend hours on Wikipedia.

Favourite stories are The Beast of Bodmin Moor, The Jersey Devil and Mothman.

Did you see the MonsterQuest last night about the Jersey Devil? The statue of it was creepy as ****.
The legendary Esquilax! The horse the head of a rabbit, and the body of a rabbit!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
This guy.

Orang Pendek, a very short humanoid creature said to live in the forests of Indosesia. Out of all the many apeman/bigfoot/yeti legends out there, this one is generaly considered to be the most likely to be true (that's not saying that it is true of course)

This is quite an accurate rendition when compared to the general discriptions. Note the long hair on the head, something that appeares quite human, and the feet seem to be somewhere between an ape's foot and a human foot.
It is apparently almost always seen walking upright, almost human gait but with a crouched posture.

So it would appear to be something directly between humans and apes, possibly an early hominid, but it's interesting that it is apparently the exact same colour as an orang utan.

What is really interesting is that in October 2004, scientists discovered the skeletal remains of a new species of human (Homo floresiensis) in caves on Flores Island (another island in the Indonesian archipelago so it's the same area) dating from 12,000 years ago. The species was described as being roughly one meter tall. The recency of Homo floresiensis' continued existence and the similarities between its physical description and the accounts of Orang Pendek have led to renewed speculation in this respect.

Recently, Henry Gee, editor of the scientific journal Nature, wrote:

''The discovery that Homo floresiensis survived until so very recently, in geological terms, makes it more likely that stories of other mythical human-like creatures such as Yetis are founded on grains of truth.... Now, cryptozoology, the study of such fabulous creatures, can come in from the cold.''
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Feb 26, 2009,
La Chupacabra!

Blatantly real. What else could have happened to all those goats?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This guy.

Dude... That's just the average metal head
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Montauk Bigfoot...
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Montauk Bigfoot...

Remember, that Bigfoot only exists as it was created by Telepathy [or whatever it's called when you control physical stuff with your mind]
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by i_killed_bill
He has no penis!

THAT, is obviously not a leg.

Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
How bout that famous two headed dog, born with only one head? Baffled scientists for ages.

Or the half-horse half-giraffe they found in Africa that mysteriously had the head of an Elephant, and the body of an elephant.

/bad rip-off of cheif wiggum
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
How is that a 'giant' beetle in the original post...it's sitting on a guy's finger. I'm pretty sure hercules beetles are twice that size.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by x_thurston_x
How bout that famous two headed dog, born with only one head? Baffled scientists for ages.

Or the half-horse half-giraffe they found in Africa that mysteriously had the head of an Elephant, and the body of an elephant.

/bad rip-off of cheif wiggum

hmm... I c whut You did thar...
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Quote by l33TgUiT@rd00d

LOL! I totally forgot about him!
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man