Is the rc-2 looper worth the money for a practice pedal. Is there a comparable pedal that is cheaper that i could use to loop some rhythms to and solo over? Thanks
Quote by Swingjoint
Is the rc-2 looper worth the money for a practice pedal. Is there a comparable pedal that is cheaper that i could use to loop some rhythms to and solo over? Thanks

Yay if that's all you want to do with it.

If you want to do a one-man-band type thing, maybe with the foot-switch option.

For recording or live performance, Boss RC-20 or even better, the Digitech Jamman.

I don't think you will find a cheaper dedicated looper.

If you don't need long loop times, look into a Delay/Looper like the Akai Headrush, or Digitech's Hardwire DL-8.
Where are you located? There's a guy on craigslist here (Houston) that has one listed for $100.
Well, you might keep that in mind. If he doesn't sell it locally, he might be willing to ship it.
Another option is a cheap (or free) recording program for your PC. Audacity maybe?
I have the RC-2... its not too useful for gigging without the footswitch, but for practice its awesome. The girls who live above me asked what the hell karaoke machine I have, cuz I jam to the same rhythm for 20 mins at a time usually... I single handedly attribute my recent improvements in rhythm and harmonizing to this pedal. Also it is THE cheapest way to do what you want to do.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!