So I am performing 3 tracks from the rockschool grade 7 book for an alevel music recital. I have chosen Duality, deja vu and Giant homer head. I was wondering if anyone has done this exam before what scales or modes they used for the improv sections in these peices.
also is the (8va) natural harmonics simply pressing lightly on the note an octave above.
Any help greatly appreciated.
You get a natural harmonic by barring your finger on the the little iron bar that seperates frets from eachother, and not pressing at all, just laying it on there.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
rockschool is just an examination board for electric guitar performance, like RGT
Doctor: Wait a minute, Brian, you have a pre-existing relationship with this degenerate?
Peter: A degenerate, am I? Well you are a festizio! See, I can make up words too, sister.
Quote by cocacolabottle
You get a natural harmonic by barring your finger on the the little iron bar that seperates frets from eachother, and not pressing at all, just laying it on there.

That's not what he asked.

I think he means something like, holding the note at the third fret and hit the harmonic an octave up, which in this example would be the 15th fret.

or maybe not. Ignore me.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Spamwise
What is rock school? Is it anything like power chord academy?

Rockschool is a organisation that teaches people to play modern music. it produces books with specific tunes that the student must master and play at an exam to gain that grade.

i am currently doing my grade 2 (yes i rock)

its nothing like pwer chord academy lol
That, my friend, was a fail of epic proportions!

The Pit's new name:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gentleman's Society for the Careful Discussion of Sensitive Issues, Covering (But Not Limited To) Religion, Politics, Fruit and The Female Form.

MY GOATS WERE CRYING
Quote by khazzar
Rockschool is a organisation that teaches people to play modern music. it produces books with specific tunes that the student must master and play at an exam to gain that grade.

i am currently doing my grade 2 (yes i rock)

its nothing like pwer chord academy lol

Sounds lame... sorry dude
I mean i learned powerchords and scales all by myself and i can do them without problem.

I'm now learning myself to pinch harmonic perfectly.
But i guess everyone has it's "thing"
Don't get me wrong though.
You will prolly learn more in shorter periods of time, But it seems so forced/pushed to me
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
yeh i never actually did these grades, i just need a grade 7 standard recital for my a level at college. I did all my grades through RGT which I think teaches you a wider understanding of music and to me seemed less forced

edit. Also powerchords and scales is pretty basic stuff, i think the grades helped me understand all about technique, scales, modes, genres etc
Last edited by mooney141 at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by G-loony
Sounds lame... sorry dude
I mean i learned powerchords and scales all by myself and i can do them without problem.

I'm now learning myself to pinch harmonic perfectly.
But i guess everyone has it's "thing"
Don't get me wrong though.
You will prolly learn more in shorter periods of time, But it seems so forced/pushed to me

Yeah I agree, I definitely wouldn't work my way through all the grades, I'd just keep going then learn the stuff for the highest grade and do that.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend