Okay, so yesterday I had a few friends over and we chilled and what ever and then some of my friends had this contest or something to see who could take more hits of this nasty ass "Bitter Apple" stuff that you give to your dog when you need it to stop biting. Well long story short, me and a friend called it quits after a while. Now while we went downstairs to get water one of my friends thought it would be swell idea to play with my bb gun and shoot water bottles so he placed a water bottle right next to my open laptop and shot the corner of my screen instead. It is a Toshiba M55 S1001.

tl;dr: My friend shot my laptop screen with a bb gun.

I wanted to know some cheap sites to get a replacement screen off of. Please don't say ebay because they aren't as cheap on there as you might think.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Last edited by Gibshall at Feb 28, 2009,
Remove laptop screen, attach laptop to normal monitor.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru

this, just plug a monitor into it
Quote by nebiru

Yeah that would would, but that would defeat the purpose of a laptop then wouldnt it?
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
brokens̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑

One day the otters will destroy you all... humans.
Well he is paying for it I just wanted to know a cheap site cause well i know he dosent have much money.
Quote by jmilli2
brokens̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̒̓̔̕̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̕̚̚ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by jmilli2

?

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Don't waste your time removing the broken screen, just use a normal monitor.

The reason you shouldn't bother is that the wifi aerial will be in around the screen
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by Gibshall
Well he is paying for it I just wanted to know a cheap site cause well i know he dosent have much money.

You're a great friend!
We'd make great pets.
Quote by Gibshall
It is a Toshiba M55 S1001.

Eww, trade that junker in and get something decent :P. But in all seriousness, there's no such thing as a cheap replacement screen. I like the plug and play monitor idea, though it defeats the purpose of a lap- HOLY GOD YOUR FRIEND IS A TERRIBLE SHOT-top. xD
Quote by Gunpowder
I buy prostitutes.

And then physically abuse them. See, prostitutes aren't people, like you or me, so it's okay.
The monitor is a good idea, but it does defeat the purpose of a laptop.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I am in a similar situation except i whomped my guitar into the screen, every quote i got for my screen for my lenovo n500 was well over £100 was is about $150? i think, so for now im using a monitor i got for 20 of ebay and gradually putting money aside to repair it but tbh ill probly just buy a new laptop.
Quote by hemo.
I am in a similar situation except i whomped my guitar into the screen, every quote i got for my screen for my lenovo n500 was well over £100 was is about $150? i think, so for now im using a monitor i got for 20 of ebay and gradually putting money aside to repair it but tbh ill probly just buy a new laptop.

If it weren't for that intel hunk in that I'd actually get a new screen for yours. May still be worth it, if you can install the screen yourself.

EDIT: ;____________________; IS THE GUITAR OKAY!?!?
Quote by Gunpowder
I buy prostitutes.

And then physically abuse them. See, prostitutes aren't people, like you or me, so it's okay.
You can get a screen for $50-$100 usually. If you have even the smallest amount of taking things apart ability then you should be able to replace the screen by yourself.

It's one of the easiest fixes, people get cheated out of their money so much on computer repairs.
Quote by Momentosis
WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
Exactly my thoughts on the matter.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I believe it was a broken screen.
Quote by Gunpowder
I buy prostitutes.

Quote by ShredtoBed
Yeah that would would, but that would defeat the purpose of a laptop then wouldnt it?

TS should have thought of that before letting his friend try to shoot a water bottle right next to his laptop screen in the first place.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Last edited by goonerbynature at Feb 27, 2009,
Quote by goonerbynature
TS should have thought of that before letting his friend try to shoot a water bottle right next to his laptop screen in the first place.

If you read it you would have seen that he got his hands on my gun whilst I was downstairs and before I left I told him not to shoot thing near the computer.
Quote by montyburns
You're a great friend!

Indeed he is.

I'm glad i won't have to pay as much as I thought anymore :P

@Gibshall: I truly am sorry for breaking ur screen, Max.

edit: AND I STILL HIT THE ****ING WATERBOTTLE.
Last edited by Patty-cakez at Feb 28, 2009,
When I got my screen repaired, it cost about $400.
Good luck with that.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by jmilli2

THAT

IS

AWESOME.......
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...