Who else is excited for the movie on March 6th? I can't wait.

I hope people realize that the movie is based on a comic book, though...and a damn good one at that. Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons did a hell of a job.

Discuss anything Watchmen related.
I'm excited! I read it and saw a few clips, but I refuse to watch anymore because I don't want to ruin anything for myself.
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
I was gonna watch a clip of it but my internet went off and I forgot

Thanks for reminding me though. Dr Manhattan better go to Mars or something......
Yes, I'm excited.

I can't wait for the DVD Supercut of the Movie, that has the Tales of the Black Freighter, interspliced into the film, like in the comic. Now that is going to be epic.
Quote by maggot9779
I was gonna watch a clip of it but my internet went off and I forgot

Thanks for reminding me though. Dr Manhattan better go to Mars or something......

Dude, him creating his palace is part of the trailer and when he talks to Juspeczic (or however you spell her last name) is too, so it's a safe bet that he is.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Everytime I hear about it, i wet myself a litte, cannot wait! Alan Moore is a GOD!
That, my friend, was a fail of epic proportions!

The Pit's new name:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Gentleman's Society for the Careful Discussion of Sensitive Issues, Covering (But Not Limited To) Religion, Politics, Fruit and The Female Form.

MY GOATS WERE CRYING
It looks like they stuck completely to the comic, which is great.

I really can't wait.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
oh yeah kinda forgot about that movie. looks pretty good, in a different way.

*opens up BitTorrent* lol
Quote by Captain Insano
Yes, I'm excited.

I can't wait for the DVD Supercut of the Movie, that has the Tales of the Black Freighter, interspliced into the film, like in the comic. Now that is going to be epic.

Yeah that'll be pretty interesting to watch. But i thought they were just making a seperate DVD of Tales of the Black Freighter?
Quote by Pookie6
Dude, him creating his palace is part of the trailer and when he talks to Juspeczic (or however you spell her last name) is too, so it's a safe bet that he is.

Yea, just watched the trailor. Looks cool.
Quote by Pookie6
Yeah that'll be pretty interesting to watch. But i thought they were just making a seperate DVD of Tales of the Black Freighter?

I though it was going to be in the film.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c

I though it was going to be in the film.

I don't think so. In theaters at least. I read that it wasn't going to be in but they're going to release Tales of the Black Freighter separately on DVD. But if they make a directors cut DVD with it in there i wouldn't be surprised.
Quote by Pookie6

They are, but they're releasing a cut of it on DVD where TOTBF is interspliced like the comic.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I got the comic for xmas and I've read it twice. I can't wait. I'm just hoping to god that Rorschach as well as Walter Kovacs are portrayed as emotionless as they are in the book. As soon as Kovacs is in prison....I'm gonna jizz
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
Oh and I hope they show Kovacs with his "THE END IS NEAR" sign walking down the streets!
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
The Black Freighter will be so badass. Thats gonna be one bloody short clip.
last.fm[/url}
Movie looks beastly... If its half as good as 300 i'll be pleased ... cant help but be a little cautious though with comic book movies...
The preview for the movie looked really good so I had to get the comic. I read it in a couple days and it was fantastic. I heard they changed the ending for the movie however but it kind of makes sense, in my opinion, because I feel like they won't have to extend certain parts of the movie explaining the ending. It's kind of hard to talk about without including spoilers ha.

I'll just say that the first few pages in the last chapter really left an impression.
It was a graveyard smash.
I got the graphig novel for christmas, and i read it, 'twas awesome. I am reading again currently. However as the Movie has been rated 18 here in england (presume its R in America) and I've only just turned 14, me and my friend are carefully plotting on how to see it.
For me this film has equal chance of being the best film of the year or the worst film of the year.

Ok, it can't be worse than The Spirit, so maybe not worst of the year.
Hehe im joining a big nerd herd on the release date and we're going to see it then going out a-drinkin' afterwards. Its gunna be a good night.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by C. Limon
The preview for the movie looked really good so I had to get the comic. I read it in a couple days and it was fantastic. I heard they changed the ending for the movie however but it kind of makes sense, in my opinion, because I feel like they won't have to extend certain parts of the movie explaining the ending. It's kind of hard to talk about without including spoilers ha.

I'll just say that the first few pages in the last chapter really left an impression.

I've read that the movie will be almost 3 hours so they have the ability to include tons of stuff.

Quote by Gofer boy
I got the graphig novel for christmas, and i read it, 'twas awesome. I am reading again currently. However as the Movie has been rated 18 here in england (presume its R in America) and I've only just turned 14, me and my friend are carefully plotting on how to see it.

Ha ha, sucker!
Quote by TempoTantrum
Oh and I hope they show Kovacs with his "THE END IS NEAR" sign walking down the streets!

THE END IS NIGH

Anyways i've been reading one chapter a day since sunday... today is chapter five. This way I will read the last chapter thursday March 5th, and then come midnight.....
Quote by chinese_jazz
Who else is excited for the movie on March 6th? I can't wait.

Have fun getting into the movie .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
Have fun getting into the movie .

Haha, movies being R-rated have never stopped me before.
If that piece of shit Zack Snyder turned it into a damn action movie instead of the deep character drama that it should be, I will personally drive to his home and rape him in front of his family.

I also heard that the ending is changed.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
hooray for the first thread that didn't have an extra "the" in the title
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If that piece of shit Zack Snyder turned it into a damn action movie instead of the deep character drama that it should be, I will personally drive to his home and rape him in front of his family.

I also heard that the ending is changed.

1. That's not Snyder's move. He always stays as close to the comic as he can, and wouldn't disgrace the film in that way.

*SPOILERS*

2. Yes, they changed the ending. As far as I can tell, it still has a lot of the traits from the original ending, like going to Veidt's Antarctic palace, etc. The giant squid alien has been taken out, though, and a series of nuclear explosions were penned on Dr. Manhattan in order to blackmail him is the climax instead.

They took out the original ending because they felt the general audience who hadn't read the book/casual fan wouldn't have been able to wrap their head around the original ending very easily.

Also, the new ending was passed by Dave Gibbons, who also drew new panels to feature the event in the "Art of the Film" books, etc. (don't worry, there will be no version of the comic with the new panels added)

I don't like the change, but I'm interested to see how it will be executed, and how I will enjoy it.

*/SPOILERS*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Looking forward to it, a LOT.

Also, lulz;
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI