I'm doing a project on some of the most influential moments on todays music in the 20th century. I have a few ideas... but I was wondering what you guys thought?
Quote by mountain2012
I want a Fender because they are THE American rock sound. I'm proud to be an American.

Gear:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand

Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-7
EHX LPB-1
I think the most important moments either were when hendrix burned his guitar or when the Beatles sargent pepper album came out...
Quote by _nilsen_
when hendrix burned his guitar

lol

Quote by ze monsta

Bob Dylan at Newport '66

It was 65.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Feb 26, 2009,
the realise of King Crimsons first album that paved the way for progressive, classical based music.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I believe it was the year of 1968 or 1969 when Led Zeppelin I came out.

Or when The Beatles released Sgt. Pepper's.

Or when Pete Townshend smashed his guitar.

Or woodstock 1969.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
the first guitar solo
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
1917 - The Original Dixie Land Jass Band makes the first Jazz recording, "Livery Stable Blues". Bear in mind that the 20th century didn't start in 1955.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at Feb 26, 2009,
Tommy by The Who,the first Rock Opera and the extensive use of Synthesizers from Who's Next by The Who,too.
The plane crash that took the lives of Buddy Holly, the Big Bopper, and Richie Valens. Buddy Holly was one of the last rock and rollers after Jerry Lee Lewis was shunned for marrying a 13 year old, Little Richard went back to the Church, and Elvis went to the Army.

After that goddamn Dick Clark came around with Fabian and all of the other teen idols and kept Rock subdued until the Beatles came around.

Trust me, early rock is really interesting, and it would be an original paper idea, and without Buddy Holly and all these guys rock would be nowhere close to where it is today.

Or you could discuss Sam Phillips role in recording black musicians, which brought black music to whites, and really made Rock and Roll. There's countless options out there.
When Donita Sparks from L7 removed her bloody tampon and threw it into the crowd at the Reading Festival in '92 shouting "Eat my used tampon, f*ckers!."

Not so much influential, but f*cking hilarious.
Les paul designs guitar/invents multitrack recording
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Pink Floyd doing The Wall live and building the wall onstage... It upped the ante for every stage show after that. Not monumental, but pretty amazing...

If you can tell with the sig change and this post, I'm listening to Is There Anybody Out There? which is them live in '80 at Earls Court.
the day I learned the concept of soloing.

No really, the release of Master Of Puppets.
One would be when Hendrix burned his guitar.

Another is when Nirvana released "Nevermind".

Blink 182's "Enema of the State".

When Metallica, Pantera, and AC/DC played at Moscow 1991.
Either the release of Kill Em' All or Master of Puppets. Without those albums, I doubt heavy metal would be a genre right now.
Megadeth's first gig

apparently their early gigs were as crazy if not more violent than Slayer's
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Sex Pistols release Never Mind the Bollocks
Last edited by Tempoe at Feb 26, 2009,