I am heading to college and im gettinga mac with loci pro 8 installed, what kind of interface or mics do i need to get they recommenr apogee but its like 300 bucks what interfaces are available for this program and how do they work? thanks
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
Don't get the Apogee, thats just what Apple recommends so they can make more money off of you. Pretty much any interface will work, whether its USB or Firewire 400/800. here's a nice chart that compares a lot of popular interfaces http://www.tweakheadz.com/audio_interface_usb2_comparison_chart.htm
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
If you can afford the apogee go for it!

SUPERB audio quality. Really, really good.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Any interface will work as long as it is supported on Mac OS X. i personally use an M-Audio with Logic Pro 8, they're gear is pretty good.
I'd LOVE an Apogee Duet but it's $500 - so screw that... I've used a Fasttrack USB (sukked) and also an M-Audio Audio Buddy (small preamp) - as I record Guitar only usually (I do have a Yamaha KB I use to generate Drums and Bass lines) I recently picked up a PRESONUS INSPIRE. Works Great with Logic 8, Garageband 09 and also Cubase 4 LE. I also use a small ART Tube MP Studio preamp too - really seems to fatten it up and add some tube sounds.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
I want something that has 4 inputs and can record a full band, any suggestions btw thank you so much for that chart it was really really helpful
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
Do you have a budget?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
i dont want to spend mroe than 250-300
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

Record a full band for $300?

Good luck.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
NO no i mean for the actual interface, im getting a mac with logic express and i need an interface for 250-300 with 4 inputs that will be compatible i know that ill have to buy a few mics and stuff but i meant the interface
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

Are you getting a macbook or a PRO asking because I wanted to know if you will have a firewire input?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Oh, I assumed you meant all at the same time (needing 8+ preamp channels).

What sort of quality are you wanting?
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I am getting the regular macbook, the most i plan to record would be a drum set, a bass, guitar and vocal mic for a four person group
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150