Hi everyone,

Just a little question for those who have a highway one strat.
I'm planning to get one but i want to know first how it is "pickup routed" = what are the pickup configuration possibilities under the pickguard.

I know it's initally S/S/S but i want to know whether it's possible or not to put a HB in the neck or in the bridge ? On fender website I saw H/S/S but everywhere else, it says H/S/H like on American Standards so I don't know...

Anyone here to enlighten me here ?

Thanks
Last edited by slappyx at Feb 26, 2009,
Either way you can put a humbucker in the bridge. To be honest though, if you want an HSS strat, I'd just get a Lonestar;

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sMZ8118504/

Texas Specials, which are awesome single-coils, and a Pearly Gates, which is an awesome humbucker. In my experience your really just paying for the finish and location with HW1's, while if you find a gem they're great, I'd just get a cheaper MIM(not that bad!) with better pickups, like the Lonestar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I've got one and it's definitely S/S/S. I can't see how you would put a humbucker in without replacing the pickguard. Does that answer your question cause I'm a bit confused about what you're asking.
Quote by necrosis1193
Either way you can put a humbucker in the bridge. To be honest though, if you want an HSS strat, I'd just get a Lonestar;

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/electric/all/sMZ8118504/

Texas Specials, which are awesome single-coils, and a Pearly Gates, which is an awesome humbucker. In my experience your really just paying for the finish and location with HW1's, while if you find a gem they're great, I'd just get a cheaper MIM(not that bad!) with better pickups, like the Lonestar.

I want 22 frets

Quote by Shpongled
I've got one and it's definitely S/S/S. I can't see how you would put a humbucker in without replacing the pickguard. Does that answer your question cause I'm a bit confused about what you're asking.

That's obvious I'll be replacing the pickguard ...

I'm asking what's UNDER the pickguard, that's why I'm asking owners... Thanks for your answer though
Replace the neck; it's bolt-on so you can do that, and Warmoth will charge about $220 for a 22 fret bolt-on, which brings it to about the same as a HW1 total, but, again, better pickups.

Quote by necrosis1193
Replace the neck; it's bolt-on so you can do that, and Warmoth will charge about $220 for a 22 fret bolt-on, which brings it to about the same as a HW1 total, but, again, better pickups.

If it is possible, replacing pickups is cheaper than replacing the neck
Yes, but at the same time, two good single-coils will cost, say, $120 total. A good humbucker will cost about $80. That's $200 in addition to the $900 for a HW1. On top of that you've got the cost of, if you can't solder yourself, someone installing it, which I'd ballpark a $75-$150. That's $1,100-$1,250. If we go with the Lonestar and replace the neck though, then in total that's only about $900-$1,000. So in the end it's cheaper to mod the Lonestar.

Quote by necrosis1193
Yes, but at the same time, two good single-coils will cost, say, $120 total. A good humbucker will cost about $80. That's $200 in addition to the $900 for a HW1. On top of that you've got the cost of, if you can't solder yourself, someone installing it, which I'd ballpark a $75-$150. That's $1,100-$1,250. If we go with the Lonestar and replace the neck though, then in total that's only about $900-$1,000. So in the end it's cheaper to mod the Lonestar.

In france, it's all about the same, and I'll be able to choose the humbucker that I can install myself whereas I can't install a neck and set the trussrod myself. Plus, the H1 is MIA...

Whatever, back to thread... Nobody knows how it is routed under the pickguard ?
Quote by slappyx
In france, it's all about the same, and I'll be able to choose the humbucker that I can install myself whereas I can't install a neck and set the trussrod myself. Plus, the H1 is MIA...

Whatever, back to thread... Nobody knows how it is routed under the pickguard ?

I'm sure you can contact Fender and ask.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
http://www.fender.com/products//view_specs.php?full_partno=0111160&name=Highway+One%26trade%3B+Stratocaster%26reg%3B+(Upgrade)

HSS routing. though if you're *really* concerned, it'd be worth getting the shop to check, just in case one slipped through with the wrong routing. EDIT: whoops, just realised you've already seen the fender website. i'd go by the fender website, not dealers. or you could email fender, if you really want to be sure.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?