Can it be done?

I am going in 2 weeks and they want $535 each for both a new for a Voodoo Lab GCP and GCX. I am going to try to haggle a little bit. They are $399 online and with the exchange rate make that $499, and with customs probably about 535. I will be glad if I can get it down to 499 each though. I mean, I am buying both....and with cash......

Anyone with experience with this?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
worth a try, i guess, if you're buying both. "can you do me a deal if i take both?" kind of thing...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It is definitely worth a try, but don't be a bad customer. Don't be the person who bitches about the price because they can get it somewhere else for less. Good customer behaviour is one half of good customer service.
Oh, i totally understand tanman. I worked for Futureshop and thats the one thing they taught us. I wouldnt bitch about the price, i was just saying its basically the same price as buying it online in the US.... so is it worth haggling down?
Hahaha good man. It's definitely worth a try. The guys at the local Long and McQuade are really straightforward. If they can knock some off the price they will, if they can't they'll say so. Having said that, in my experience their prices are usually not very negotiable, but that is based on limited observation.
Hopefully, considering I'm buying both, and possibly an amp and cab 2 weeks later....hopefully they can do something for me....
EDIT: ^ yeah, let them know that you're also considering further purchases... that if they give you a good deal on this, you'll be more likely to buy from them in a few weeks' time too.

yeah, it's definitely worth a try. as tanman says, you can haggle and still be a good customer, always be polite, etc. etc.

EDIT: there's no way of knowing for sure if it'll work- you kind of have to play it by ear. only thing which is certain is that if you don't ask, you won't get.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 26, 2009,