Hi
I need to buy an amp. And i've narrowed it down to four vox amps:
- ad30vt
- ad50vt
- vt 30
- vt 50 (a bit expensive)

Im just learning to play at the minute so Im just playing on my own. So a few questions if possible: which one should I buy? would I be able to play in a band if the oppurtunity came up in the future? or should I be looking at different amps altogether?
thanks.
What genres do you play?
Budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Out of those I'd personally go for the VT30. They're better than the AD series. You don't need the 50 watts of the VT50 if you are just starting to learn. Of course there could be other amps more suited to you. What do you play? And what's your budget?
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I have the AD50VT and it is awesome. I got mine brand new and talked the store down to $320. It's relatively light, and it can get loud as all hell. I barely use any of my other amps anymore. Highly recommend.
Quote by MaXiMuse
I have the Vox AD30VT, the effects and different dist/OD sounds are good. I can come over my band but I have to crank it up. If were going to play some really hard metal I won`t be that happy...

Thanks that's useful.

Quote by Chrisiphone
What genres do you play?
Budget?

err, I play loads of different things. Some metal (but nothing massively heavy), some indie, and i'd like to play blues. White Stripes, Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Raconteurs, but loads of other stuff hopefully.
Budget: about £200 max.
Last edited by rdst1984 at Feb 26, 2009,
VT30 sounds perfect for you then, its mid-gain models are probably its best feature and the higher gain models are pretty good too. It's a very versatile amp and, in my opinion, the best modeling amp I've ever used.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain