well i migt get a peavey vyper 75w.but i want to put emg's in my les paul. but since its not a tube will the pick ups still help with the sound. and make it have more crunch.
New pickups will certainly help since the stock pickups in les pauls are usually pretty muddy... but EMGs are not a very good choice IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
if you care a lot about your tone, then yes you should invest a lot of money and get a nice tube amp. if you're not gigging theres not really much point, amps like the peavey vypyr are awesome cos they're small and simple and cheap and ideal for practising. Whats the point in spending loads of money in new pickups to get a certain sound, if all the other aspects of your sound are cheap and cheerful?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
ok will all i want to spend is 300 to 400 and not much more. so would you get the vyper or valve king 112
There isn't any point in using EMG's with a modeling amp.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
You may have better luck with the Vypyr 60, which is partially tube. I didn't try it with EMG's so I can't say exactly hot that would sound, but I can't imagine needing more gain than the Vypyr 60 had.
Still, at that price range you can usually find some decent high gain amps used.

Edit: Oh budget at 300-400, I missed that, slow posting. I've seen B-52 112's and Randal RG50tc's at the under 400 mark as well as VK's.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Feb 26, 2009,
i play hardcore. like the devil wears prada,as i lay dying,attack attack. but i play church music like ,hillsong united
not a VK. You want a B-52 AT-112 or Randall RG-50TC.

EDIT: You really need an amp with preamp tubes to take advantage of EMG's.

Don't judge me.
Er..wasn't that already mentioned TWICE?

Don't judge me.
It'd be better than the VK for t3h b®00t4lz.

Don't judge me.
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
oh lol i was just on music123 and that amp came up and looked good.

Irony or synchronicity, the gear gods are telling you something - listen to them.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.