Right - I've been looking, and looking, and looking.

I want to order the Schecter Stiletto Extreme Bass, 4-String, Preferably in the Black Cherry version.

There's the small problem... of a HUGE lack of retailers here in the UK. It's advertised on a website called turnkey - for £249.00 - which was what I was planning to go ahead and order today - but, when I rang - this happened.

"Chris at Turnkey, how can I help?"
"Hi, I was just on your website - could I ask about a bass guitar I saw?"
"Whats it called?"
"It's the schect-"
"We dont stock them anymore."
"It's right here though, schecter stile-"
"Nope. Dont stock them, can't get any Schecter brand guitars in, Sorry."
"You can't order them in, from ANYWHERE? And it's still on the site, telling me it's available? even says next day delivery here."
"No, sorry. Must be a mistake - some items remain on the website, but we can't promise we can get them all. Sorry."

Anyways. If anyone knows of a site, that stocks them, UK based, please reply to this thread?
Or an american site, as these are American based forums, that'll ship over the pond - Thanks.
I know kennys music in dundee sell them, I also might be selling one next month :P Really don't wanna let thist thing go though
Bass Player
I know thomann stock them. They're German and ship to the UK...however because the pounds so weak against the euro at the moment, you're probably looking at £400...
Aye, I checked - £394.91ish.

I'm stuck with a ****ty Stagg 5-String, with a big gig for my band comming up on March 19th infront of 250 people, and judges, with big prizes up for grabs.
I work 16 hours a week, in a bakery, making about £94 a week - Standing at about £227 atm - so yeah, not looking likly to get it before that gig.
Anyone got a link for an american site then? So I can see what Im looking at shipping it over? Just to compare with Thomann's price.
Quote by Burpbelly
I know thomann stock them. They're German and ship to the UK...however because the pounds so weak against the euro at the moment, you're probably looking at £400...

Also, Thomann will mess you about something shocking.
If a problem occurs (Which it only did once for me to be honest) you will have hell dealing with their customer support.

Should be free shipping though, I think it's anything over 150 is free.
Not sure on that though.
Quote by SirPsychoTheSex
Anyone got a link for an american site then? So I can see what Im looking at shipping it over? Just to compare with Thomann's price.

You won't save much when you include import tax and over sea's shipping, I was looking at doing it for a LTD Guitar, I would of only saved about £20
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
You won't save much when you include import tax and over sea's shipping, I was looking at doing it for a LTD Guitar, I would of only saved about £20

So, looks like my best bet is Thomann? Worried about being messed around though.
Yeah, they haven't added all the stock to the site yet, if you phone them they will have them.
Bass Player
Doesn't anyone use the edit button any more?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Checked the Merchant City link - yeah, I've seen that before - but availability 1 - 3 months? Does that mean it wont be available for that time, or it's ONLY available for that time? Liking the sounds link though, I'll gve them both a call at my lunch-break during work!
Just rang merchant, they'll be available in April - if I pre-order, I'll be first in the que aparently.. gonna hold on for a bit, see if I can get hold of one quicker - aparently, the company here in the UK that dealt with schecters went bust. So it's hard for people to get them in at the moment =[
Quote by Casketcreep
If a problem occurs (Which it only did once for me to be honest) you will have hell dealing with their customer support.

Not sure on that though.

what happened with thomann?
they have always been really good with me.
sent my ashdown mag in and they fixed it for free no questions asked.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
So Thomann's alright then? Does anyone know how to contact them? I e-mailed, got nothing, I phoned, got nothing - I'm now willing to pay the £400 for it, from them, they seem the most reliable at the moment.

How ever, I found a site called Euro Guitar, selling at 370 Euros, availability 1 week - anyone heard of this site before? can they be trusted?
I don't know if they ship to the UK, but musician's friend is going to start carrying this next month.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Extreme4-Bass?sku=528006

I own this bass, and I have to say, it is an excellent decision.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by Mephysteaux
I don't know if they ship to the UK, but musician's friend is going to start carrying this next month.

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Stiletto-Extreme4-Bass?sku=528006

I own this bass, and I have to say, it is an excellent decision.

Yes, but MF don't ship Schecters to the UK
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
That's a shame - it's so hard to get hold of a schecter over here.

At the moment, I'm tempted to go ahead and order from Thomann, but I still don't feel right paying that much.

I've got two guitar shops, in my town, both have said the same thing to me:

"If you see it, and it's in stock, and can be delivered without a 3 month wait - I'd order it."

*Sigh*

Ps, Can I quickly say, this is the bass I want, and can picture myself using - so thanks for all the help so far, any more help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Just checked Thomann - In stock at £394 - which I should be able to afford this week, if I can sell my old Playstation 3 Console off - which my local video game store will buy for £130 cash - so just wondering, anyone whos ordered off of Thomann before, were they quick? Did they contact you, are they reliable? And are they telling a lie when they say they have stuff in stock when they don't? I did e-mail them, but they havn't e-mailed back - and as I mentioned, I tried phoning too.

Could be able to get hold of it, so close I can almost SMELL the schecter... *sniff* ahhh, refreshing.
Last edited by SirPsychoTheSex at Mar 1, 2009,
If anyone's still checking in on this - I've got an update.

I went to order the bass, from Thomann, but it went out of stock, and listed as available on the 30th/3/09, so i thought "Screw this, my bass just gave up life on me.. I need a new one." - saw the schecter deluxe in black, and decided to order it.

However, the Schecter Stiletto Extreme then went to 9th/3/09, so I rang up, eventually getting hold of them, (costing me about £1.50 a minute on the phone....), and they were realyl friendly about the mess I was in, they offered to phone me back, to save me money, which was nice.

Anyways, they changed my order to the BCH, and said, they wern't sure that it'll definatly arrive on that date, but thats what they have been told by their supplier - and when I asked if they could give me a rough delivery date, they reckon 16th/17th - which would be amazing, as the big gig at Surface with my band is on the 19th - so cutting it fine.

But yes, thanks for all the help across the two threads I've made, this, and the the thread about Thomann!

Now, off to find a bass to borrow for band practice, so I don't have to use the lead guitarists crappy Axe bass.. a big stick with strings on it that makes bassy noises, essentially.

Thanks guys!
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 BCH
Stagg 5-String
Vintage 4-String MusicMan Copy
Riks 4-String Sunburst
Fender CD60 Acoustic Guitar
Epiphone Special 2 6-String Guitar

Fender Rumble 60 Watt

Boss ME-50B
Boss ODB-3
Quote by Casketcreep

Not sure on that though.

really?

i didn't have a problem when i dealt with them. I ordered some stuff and some of the items were wrong so i got in touch with them and they apologized and said they'd send the right stuff to me. 5 days later i got the stuff i ordered and got to keep the stuff i didn't order
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.