and i was wondering if there were any programs i could download that i can use to slow down the songs?
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

You have just created a 5th.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

for that you get the tower of lulz, with which you can reach the lulgods
windows media player can and i think Audacity can too
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by AzzA2006
and i was wondering if there were any programs i could download that i can use to slow down the songs?

Why don't you just start with something that you can handle? If you need a program, your most likely working something beyond your ability. It takes time and practice to train the ear.

though, if you don't actually want to train the ear and just want to learn something that is beyond your skill level, a program of that nature may help you.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Feb 26, 2009,
i've learnt some nirvana songs by ear before, so i have an idea where im goin, its just the faster songs i need the help with
Quote by Abunai X
Oh my God. I've only laughed out loud on this site about 4 tiems since I signed up.

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

Quote by AzzA2006
i've learnt some nirvana songs by ear before, so i have an idea where im goin, its just the faster songs i need the help with

well, the program may help, but I think if you spent some time on songs that are harder than Nirvana, yet easier then whatever it is that you need the program for, it will be better for your listening skills. (you did say you want to learn songs by ear right?)

Train the ear if thats your goal. If you just want to play something beyond your ability to hear, the program may be the right thing for you. (and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that). Maybe you can do a bit of both.

Sorry for the lecture, and that I didn't actually name a program. ... I never use things like that. I'm sure they are out there though, and someone is sure to post and help you out.
ah ok man, thanks for the advice though
Quote by Abunai X

Quote by cukd7x-a2-
OH. MY . GOD

Quote by GuitarMunky
well, the program may help, but I think if you spent some time on songs that are harder than Nirvana, yet easier then whatever it is that you need the program for, it will be better for your listening skills. (you did say you want to learn songs by ear right?)

Train the ear if thats your goal. If you just want to play something beyond your ability to hear, the program may be the right thing for you. (and I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that). Maybe you can do a bit of both.

Sorry for the lecture, and that I didn't actually name a program. ... I never use things like that. I'm sure they are out there though, and someone is sure to post and help you out.

you're stupid
use audacity bro
Quote by GuitarMunky
* reported

dumbass

don't post dumbass ****
dumbass
i've never seen any pros recommend not slowing down the music, they almost always say you should
stop making up ****
Last edited by hailsatan69 at Feb 26, 2009,
Quote by hailsatan69
don't post dumbass ****
dumbass
i've never seen any pros recommend not slowing down the music, they almost always say you should
stop making up ****

You cant call someone a dumbass when your username is hailsatan69. You shouldnt have to slow it down to hear it.
Quote by blueriver
You cant call someone a dumbass when your username is hailsatan69. You shouldnt have to slow it down to hear it.

cry more little baby
Quote by hailsatan69

i've never seen any pros recommend not slowing down the music

You just did. Now if you can ad something of value to the post, please do, otherwise kindly stfu.

Mods, this guy is a troll. Read his posts. They are all aimed at getting a reaction like this.
Im not much for * reporting people, but please ban this guy. He has posted nothing of use to anyone. He is strictly looking for controversy.
Quote by GuitarMunky
You just did. Now if you can ad something of value to the post, please do, otherwise kindly stfu.

Mods, this guy is a troll. Read his posts. They are all aimed at getting a reaction like this.
Im not much for * reporting people, but please ban this guy. He has posted nothing of use to anyone.

you are useless bro
There is a program called Transcribe! it is very good for using it to slow down songs without changing the pitch. Check it out.