Hey guys!

So I like re-tubing, and having a backup set is always a good idea anyway. I don't have a lot of experience with different tubes so I'd love to hear some ideas.

Here's what I've got so far. I'd love to hear thoughts on these options, as well as any other options you may have. I'll probably be swapping the speaker for an Alnico Blue as well.

www.eurotubes.com (Great people, great prices, only JJ's)
A full set of JJ's go for ~$40

www.dougstubes.com (Haven't dealt with them yet, great reviews, great selection)
tung-sol re-issue 12ax7's and mullard re-issue EL84's would be about $60

Hit me with your best thoughts! (Fire awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

-J!
Quote by Nims

Hit me with your best thoughts! (Fire awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Pat Bennetar? Do I get a cookie?

Of those two options I'd go with Dougs.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^You don't need a balanced tube for the PI.

Also: Go with NOS

Mullards in the power amp and Telefunkens in the pre-amp.

Or you can go with RI mullards

http://thetubestore.com/mullardel84.html
Quote by Led Zeppelin45

I've read that, but I do appreciate the refresher. Here's the thing, Colin starts with "
*Keep in mind that these are my opinions and should only serve as a very general guide. Tubes are an art, not a science, and a tube I hate may be something you love. Your results may vary.*"

and I fully agree. That's why I'm asking for specific thoughts on this amp...

-J!
I just talked to doug at dougs tubes. He recommended a tungsol in V1, chinese in V2 and JJ's for the power amp. When I asked why the chinese rather than a tungsol he said "I don't know, it sounds good!"

He did make a good recommendation which was to pick up a bunch of pre-amp tubes and try them out...

-J!
Quote by Nims

He did make a good recommendation which was to pick up a bunch of pre-amp tubes and try them out...

-J!

Slats used to say something very similar to that, good advise.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.