I really didnt know where this is supposed to go so I just asked here. I have a question on muting or at least I think it is.

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------10-10-10-10-10-10----------|
|-9--9---9-x--9--9---9-x--9--9---9-x--7-7\6-6--10-10-10-10-10-10-| 4x
|-9--9---9-x--9--9---9-x--9--9---9-x--7-7\6-6--8--8--8--8--8--8------|
|-7--7---7-x--7--7---7-x--7--7---7-x--5-5\4-4----------------------------|

Now I know the "X" means dont play the note(or dead note). So do you mute those with your left hand or are those just open palm muted? Im leaning toward the former but I wasnt quite sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
left hand mute

but on the 7s you'll want to use your palm too, because they'll ring natural harmonics
Check out my band Disturbed
Ahh ok thanks guys.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Crap, I forgot to ask. On the X's do you actually hit those with your pick or do you just mute them with the left hand to silence the previous notes and theres no picking involved at all?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm